Umbrella companies to be abolished Umbrella companies to be abolished
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 45
  1. #1

    Should post faster

    Smartie is good enough for Jehovah!


    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    190

    Default Umbrella companies to be abolished

    if Labour wins. See manifesto. Labour Manifesto

    Also, assumption of worker status unless client can prove self-employed status.

  2. #2

    Super poster

    SlipTheJab is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    if Labour wins. See manifesto. Labour Manifesto

    Also, assumption of worker status unless client can prove self-employed status.
    So not abolished then

  3. #3

    Some things in Moderation

    cojak is a fount of knowledge

    cojak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Look to your right...
    Posts
    19,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    So not abolished then
    :

  4. #4

    Nice But Dim

    DaveB is a fount of knowledge

    DaveB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    19,973

    Default

    OP not really living up to their forum name then
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

  5. #5

    More fingers than teeth

    OwlHoot - scorchio!

    OwlHoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    if Labour wins. See manifesto. Labour Manifesto

    Also, assumption of worker status unless client can prove self-employed status.
    Pure genius! So Steptoe has driven away another couple of million self-employed potential Labour voters at a stroke

    I'd swear he actually dreads winning, or even winning more than a handful of seats. Nothing else makes any sense.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

  6. #6

    Should post faster

    Smartie is good enough for Jehovah!


    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    OP not really living up to their forum name then
    Eh? Seems relevant.
    While there is apparently a very small chance of a Labour victory, there is nevertheless a chance.

    Even in the most likely case of a Tory win by miles, this manifesto may very well remain Labour policy long after Corbyn has gone and into the following election. They can hardly fail to have a more electable leader by then.

    It also demonstrates that when choosing who to vote for, both of the major parties will tighten the screws on us, whatever they might say about supporting small businesses.
    You never know, the Tories may even decide they like these particular bits of policy...

  7. #7

    Godlike

    PurpleGorilla - scorchio!

    PurpleGorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Eh? Seems relevant.
    While there is apparently a very small chance of a Labour victory, there is nevertheless a chance.

    Even in the most likely case of a Tory win by miles, this manifesto may very well remain Labour policy long after Corbyn has gone and into the following election. They can hardly fail to have a more electable leader by then.

    It also demonstrates that when choosing who to vote for, both of the major parties will tighten the screws on us, whatever they might say about supporting small businesses.
    You never know, the Tories may even decide they like these particular bits of policy...
    We are at the end of the current economic cycle, we have massive debt, and brexit is about to begin. All parties will have to tighten spending and raise taxes. You've never had it so good. Hope you made the most out of it while the sun was shining.

  8. #8

    Super poster

    Whorty - scorchio!

    Whorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    2,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    We are at the end of the current economic cycle, we have massive debt, and brexit is about to begin. All parties will have to tighten spending and raise taxes. You've never had it so good. Hope you made the most out of it while the sun was shining.
    You agree that Brexit is going to cost the country then and make us worse off? At last, an honest Brexiter who agrees that staying in the EU would be better for us economically
    I may not know Karate, but I know crazy and I'm not afraid to use it

  9. #9

    Should post faster

    Smartie is good enough for Jehovah!


    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    We are at the end of the current economic cycle, we have massive debt, and brexit is about to begin. All parties will have to tighten spending and raise taxes. You've never had it so good. Hope you made the most out of it while the sun was shining.
    Doing fine, thanks for asking.
    Actually I have had it so good before - a few years in the city around the turn of the century on rates that were exceptional compared to today.
    Of course I blew it all on fast cars and women, but I have learned from my experiences ;-)

  10. #10

    Godlike

    PurpleGorilla - scorchio!

    PurpleGorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whorty View Post
    You agree that Brexit is going to cost the country then and make us worse off? At last, an honest Brexiter who agrees that staying in the EU would be better for us economically
    I've always said this, absolutely for 5-10 years it's going to hurt. But then things should pick up.

    Even if we stayed in, we'd still be going into some hard times due to the ponzi economy.

    It will be interesting to see if the UK unshackled does better than the Eurozone in the next financial crisis...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •