• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear: death to HFT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear: death to HFT

"A "speed bum" plan for orders on the New York Stock Exchange
    NYSE has said NYSE American will have a similar model as IEX Group's Investors' Exchange

Including a 350-microsecond delay
    Except it will have electronic market makers with obligations to ease the trading of NYSE American-listed stocks
    U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission approved NYSE's speed bump in a regulatory filing on Tuesday, making it the second U.S. exchange with an artificial delay."

NYSE plans to add a delay of a fraction of a second for incoming and outgoing orders

Where is Churchill when you need him?

Good. It will make a more level playing field.

Comment

There are of the order of around 20 stock exchanges in the US, and many more "dark pools". All this plan for the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) will do is to move high frequency trading onto the other exchanges, and result in slightly worse prices for those still using the NYSE.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
        There are of the order of around 20 stock exchanges in the US, and many more "dark pools". All this plan for the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) will do is to move high frequency trading onto the other exchanges, and result in slightly worse prices for those still using the NYSE.
        Delay will be a regulatory requirement, I am surprised it's only 350 microseconds, but I guess it's a start.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Delay will be a regulatory requirement, I am surprised it's only 350 microseconds, but I guess it's a start.
          Would you like 350 days?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Would you like 350 days?
            Mitch would

Comment

Working...
            X