• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone worked in Sky Osterley Office..? Parking situation..?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone worked in Sky Osterley Office..? Parking situation..?

How bad is the parking situation there..? Is this place inside London Congestion zone (I am driving from M3/M25 side)

Contractor Parking is available these days..??

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
    How bad is the parking situation there..? Is this place inside London Congestion zone (I am driving from M3/M25 side)

Contractor Parking is available these days..??
    Not been there for a while but it was horrible. On street very limited (get there at 7:00 and you might have a chance). If you can't get in there's nothing nearby... There was a separate car park once you have your access badge and that was OK if a bit bomb site but it looks like that's now been built on...

Don't think it's in the Zone, but again you need to check.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

It's well outside the congestion charging zone (and, erm, civilisation).

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        Not been there for a while but it was horrible. On street very limited (get there at 7:00 and you might have a chance). If you can't get in there's nothing nearby... There was a separate car park once you have your access badge and that was OK if a bit bomb site but it looks like that's now been built on...

Don't think it's in the Zone, but again you need to check.

There was a separate car park once you have your access badge -
        Is this space away from the Sky buildings ..?? So once you have access card parking will be alright..? Thanks

Comment

Every thought of using those park on someone's drive/garage/parking space websites?

It may be easier and more convenient for you as it doesn't matter then if you get in a 7am or 1pm. Yes you do have to pay but if you choose the right space then you can park there Monday to Friday with no hassle.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post

There was a separate car park once you have your access badge -
            Is this space away from the Sky buildings ..?? So once you have access card parking will be alright..? Thanks
            No, it was between the main campus and the A4. Google maps show a load of big buildings there now, so no idea if it's been replaced.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I've been at Sky for about a year. The campus is now all on Grant way and all the buildings, on the A4 have closed. Parking on the main campus, including one multi storey with another under construction,is for Sky employees only but there are plenty of Contractor car parks within a 5-10 minute walk. The nearest is right next to the campus which is full by 630 but I've never had a problem getting parked in one of the others. You don't need any kind of pass for the contractor car parks but beware; if you do stray into an off site staff only car park, without a relevant sticker on your windscreen you will get a £60 fine. The is a detailed parking guide if you get the chance to work at Sky, and it is a great place to work except for you have to go through Experis.

Comment

Are they flexible with working from home? I have been approached, the train commute does not look that bad to Syon Lane. But if after onboarding, working from home is available that would be awesome.

Comment

What was the resolution of the original parking query?

Comment

A little late coming to this thread, but I've been at Sky for just over a year. The parking is continually improving. There are now two multi story car parks on the campus for permies which has significantly freed up space in the designated "contractor" car parks which are within a 10 minute walk max. I have never had a problem getting a space, even after 9am.

Comment

Working...
                    X