• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any IT contractor voting Labour will pay less tax than under the Tories

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Just listened to some sanctimonious whining SNP woman on the radio waffling on about how "people want to see real democracy".

Well if that is the case, and being as how the SNP hold sway over the political direction of Scotland with their "mandate", why don't they instigate a Proportional Representation system into the next Elections to the Scottish Parliament?

Nobody can seriously argue that to do so would not be moving towards "real democracy". But I expect that the hypocritical charlatans will not consider doing any such thing.
    There is a proportional representation system you ******* dick

Had there not been, the constituency seats would have been something like 59/7/3 SNP/Tory/Lab

You should read up on how it works, but it does actually end up with total seats (constituency seats plus list seats) being relatively close to the % vote overall. The particular system in use was designed to never allow a party a majority.

If there hadn't been a proportional system, Ruth Davidson would not have been an elected MSP until the most recent election, Labour would have had a majority in the first two terms, and the last two would have been massive SNP landslides. Only the SNP's first term in power would have been a coalition or minority government, which it was anyway.
    Last edited by TestMangler; 19 May 2017, 09:05.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      There is a proportional representation system you ******* dick
      Don't confuse him with facts. The Water Gate has been open since 8 a.m., and they've got the Cider Festival on.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Just listened to some sanctimonious whining SNP woman on the radio waffling on about how "people want to see real democracy".

Well if that is the case, and being as how the SNP hold sway over the political direction of Scotland with their "mandate", why don't they instigate a Proportional Representation system into the next Elections to the Scottish Parliament?

Nobody can seriously argue that to do so would not be moving towards "real democracy". But I expect that the hypocritical charlatans will not consider doing any such thing.
        Are they allowed to do that under devolution?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Are they allowed to do that under devolution?
          As TM says, there is already PR. SB is a simpleton, so take no notice.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            Don't confuse him with facts. The Water Gate has been open since 8 a.m., and they've got the Cider Festival on.
            Damn, you beat me to it .... was going to say the exact same myself. Shaun doesn't do facts unless it comes from the Mail or a big painted bus.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              Damn, you beat me to it .... was going to say the exact same myself. Shaun doesn't do facts unless it comes from the Mail or a big painted bus.
              He does find truth at the bottom of Buckfast bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                The particular system in use was designed to never allow a party a majority.
                And that is the right thing!

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
                  I don't understand the ones who are going to vote Tories? Have you read May's manifesto?
                  Haven't read the manifesto, but I have two political pamphlets arrive in my letterbox this morning.

The Labour one is from the local candidate, she's the sitting MP with a wafer thin majority. It discusses Brexit briefly, but also the NHS, local housing issues, and her record in parliament.

The Tory one is from Theresa May, and is double-A4 and alternates between
                  - Brexit. Strong and stable
                  - Corbyn. Hung parliament and chaos
                  - Brexit. Opponents will ruin our chances of the best deal. Only we can get the best deal, and we don't need any opposition to this
                  - Corbyn. A vote for him weakens my negotiating position
                  - Brexit. A vote for me strengthens my negotiating position.
                  - Corbyn. Did I mention hung parliament and chaos?
                  PS. Strong and stable leadership.

I still have no idea who the Tory candidate is, or what their policies are except "not chaos". Apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                    Haven't read the manifesto, but I have two political pamphlets arrive in my letterbox this morning.

The Labour one is from the local candidate, she's the sitting MP with a wafer thin majority. It discusses Brexit briefly, but also the NHS, local housing issues, and her record in parliament.

The Tory one is from Theresa May, and is double-A4 and alternates between
                    - Brexit. Strong and stable
                    - Corbyn. Hung parliament and chaos
                    - Brexit. Opponents will ruin our chances of the best deal. Only we can get the best deal, and we don't need any opposition to this
                    - Corbyn. A vote for him weakens my negotiating position
                    - Brexit. A vote for me strengthens my negotiating position.
                    - Corbyn. Did I mention hung parliament and chaos?
                    PS. Strong and stable leadership.

I still have no idea who the Tory candidate is, or what their policies are except "not chaos". Apparently.
                    Don't forget the crushing of saboteurs.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      And that is the right thing!
                      Agreed.
                      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                      X