• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Merkel - UK 'will pay a price' if we cap EU FOM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    This means that Poland was suffering as everyone of any substance had fecked off. It has happened in Ireland multiple times and can even happen in the UK.
    Happening already I think: https://www.thelocal.de/20170512/num...er-brexit-vote

Not just in Germany, I know quite a few British people across Europe applying for citizenship where they live and work and plenty of British people in the UK who are looking to move now...As you can see by much of the incomprehensible and the just downright idiotic postings on this forum, it really does look like the UK is seeing brain drain
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Happening already I think: https://www.thelocal.de/20170512/num...er-brexit-vote

Not just in Germany, I know quite a few British people across Europe applying for citizenship where they live and work and plenty of British people in the UK who are looking to move now...As you can see by much of the incomprehensible and the just downright idiotic postings on this forum, it really does look like the UK is seeing brain drain
      Posted by and to those that have already left these shores.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
        Posted by and to those that have already left these shores.
        Are you saying they are 'Drained Brains?'
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Just makes me chuckle. All this moaning by people that have already decided that the UK wasn't for them.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Nope, that's the future UK workforce although I suspect that it will probably be managed by non-EU migrants
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

Furthermore many of those UK expats are high worth individuals, CEO's of major companies. One of them I know, a director for the EU arm of a Japanese company. At some point or another the money flowing into the UK will water down to such an extent people will hardly believe the compromises they must make for their day to day needs. In fact it is probably already happening.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once more able to defend our island home, to ride out the storm, and to outlive the menace of EU tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone.
                At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of Her Majesty's Government – every one of them. That is the will of Parliament and the nation.
                Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the EU and all the odious apparatus of Brussels rule, we shall not flag or fail
                Isolationist jingoistic belief personified in two neatly sized paragraphs.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Yes of course it will have a price, Norway for instance pays a huge sum of money to the EU, not discounted like the present UK arrangement

We will end up paying high fees and having no say at all in the EEA regulations !!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                    Just makes me chuckle. All this moaning by people that have already decided that the UK wasn't for them.
                    Makes me laugh that people are so isolationist. Didn't you think that many of these people would have liked to have returned to the UK at some point but now see no future for it? The majority of these people are highly educated professionals who want to broaden their working experience by using their freedom of movement to work in other countries and then, maybe one day, bring this experience to bear working for a UK company in the UK. Obviously now, the countries in the EU will profit from this knowledge base, sad being an isolationist really...

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                      I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once more able to defend our island home, to ride out the storm, and to outlive the menace of EU tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone.
                      At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of Her Majesty's Government – every one of them. That is the will of Parliament and the nation.
                      Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the EU and all the odious apparatus of Brussels rule, we shall not flag or fail
                      I'm surprised you have wi-fi in Mrs. Higginbothams guest house with the avocado bathroom down the hall, while ekeing out your contract as 1st line support for Arse-end-of-nowhere Council.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X