• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gods versus Science versus Mathematics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Any of them led by women?

How can the real god(s) allow such confusion and damage, why not just come out and say what the truth is and reset all the mess? I know the answer as I resisted the brainwashing from an early age.
    While I am an atheist, the religious answer is the God has already done that. There are just false prophets as well, so you need to listen to the actual truth, and not the wrong one.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      While I am an atheist, the religious answer is the God has already done that. There are just false prophets as well, so you need to listen to the actual truth, and not the wrong one.

So god is a wuss and should man up and clamp down on the shysters muscling in on his territory.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

So god is a wuss and should man up and clamp down on the shysters muscling in on his territory.
        Why?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          Why?
          Would stop a lot of suffering and conflict for one, if there was only one true god(s) that everyone followed.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Would stop a lot of suffering and conflict for one, if there was only one true god(s) that everyone followed.

Ok, seconded. It's a dirty job, but I'm happy to do it.

Worship me.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Not if that god was a nasty piece of work.

Comment

Any of them led by women?
                ***** knows. I do know in some religions with many gods the male and female form are equal.

How can the real god(s) allow such confusion and damage, why not just come out and say what the truth is and reset all the mess? I know the answer as I resisted the brainwashing from an early age.
                Ask those who believe in deities.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  ***** knows. I do know in some religions with many gods the male and female form are equal.

Ask those who believe in deities.
                  Well, I started watching American Gods last night, and there was a Queen of Sheba God and a I love Lucy God.

The way the QOS killed her subjects was very very interesting.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I resisted the brainwashing from an early age.
                    Which explains why you're so dirty minded.

How can the real god(s) allow such confusion and damage, why not just come out and say what the truth is and reset all the mess?
                    AKA - The Problem of Evil. Been discussed by theologians and philosophers for centuries. Various theories, including but not limited to "There is/are no God/s", "God is evil", "God doesn't care", "The God's are far too busy eating the offspring of the union of their own testicles and a shower of rain to worry about ISIS". There are also various theodicies which are attempts to explain how God can be good and evil can also exist - usually based around free will arguments.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      Which explains why you're so dirty minded.

AKA - The Problem of Evil. ...

Science can explain it, when you look at the atomic level and see death and destruction everywhere. Apparently most if not all cells in the human body are replaced every 7 to 10 years. More frequent than trigger's brush.

Just need maths to explain the science and we may get somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                      X