• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gods versus Science versus Mathematics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gods versus Science versus Mathematics

So the ancients believed in different gods which created the world. Science says a Big Bang created the universe. But mathematics & quantum mechanics States everything is possible and matter exists from nothing & vice versa.

You do realise it's all a load of old bollocks don't you. We're living in a real life Truman World.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      So the ancients believed in different gods which created the world. Science says a Big Bang created the universe. But mathematics & quantum mechanics States everything is possible and matter exists from nothing & vice versa.

You do realise it's all a load of old bollocks don't you. We're living in a real life Truman World.
      Speak for yourself. I'm living in a NotAllThere world. Hi mum!

Maths and quantum mechanics say there are infinite possibilities - that doesn't mean everything and anything is possible. There are an infinite number of integers. Not one of them is 2.3, or pi. Nor can you do a 1:1 mapping from the integers to the reals.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

MF's mental age has finally reached 14 and he is starting to question what life is all about.

Well its about getting drunk and laid. The rest of the time is squandered.

Pass him the clearasil....

Comment

The problem with maths is if all you have is a calculator everything looks like a number.

The problem with science is not enough data to make sense of the sensors.

The problem with religion is if god was made in man's image (or vice versa) then he's either a or not the full arnold, otherwise where's the female god? Don't send a human with the answer I'll only accept the word of god from a non-speaking animal that can somehow speak perfect English, hence proving sent by god, or aliens. Both welcome.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
            The problem with maths is if all you have is a calculator everything looks like a number.

The problem with science is not enough data to make sense of the sensors.

The problem with religion is if god was made in man's image (or vice versa) then he's either a or not the full arnold, otherwise where's the female god? Don't send a human with the answer I'll only accept the word of god from a non-speaking animal that can somehow speak perfect English, hence proving sent by god, or aliens. Both welcome.
            You are aware there is more than one religion right? And some of these other religions have multiple gods of various genders?
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

https://youtu.be/zQ1_IbFFbzA
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                MF's mental age has finally reached 14 and he is starting to question what life is all about.

Well its about getting drunk and laid. And Brexit.

Pass him the clearasil....
                FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Well the material concept of matter is a little flawed in any case. Take the human form for example, it has an appearance from above the front the rear, which is it? Only with consciousness does the material concept of matter pop into being.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    You are aware there is more than one religion right? And some of these other religions have multiple gods of various genders?
                    Any of them led by women?

How can the real god(s) allow such confusion and damage, why not just come out and say what the truth is and reset all the mess? I know the answer as I resisted the brainwashing from an early age.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                    X