• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tories Want Your House

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Right you are. You're still part of the Brexit UK though. Do you always back the wrong pony?
    Roughly 2/3 of voters generally don't back the party that forms the government in the UK.

Are you one of these dicks that supported Man United, then Chelsea, then Man City coz they iz the best, innit ?
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      Roughly 2/3 of voters generally don't back the party that forms the government in the UK.

Are you one of these dicks that supported Man United, then Chelsea, then Man City coz they iz the best, innit ?
      How about this one. Go and re-read my original post. I didn't say I was agreeing with May, just observing that you'd get more of a hammering under Corbyn. Oh, and I've no interest in football and won't be voting Conservative.

Fancy jumping to any more incorrect conclusions, or just stick with the abuse (because that's what over excitable Scottish Nationalist seem to do best)?

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
        So scrap the NHS?
        Unsupportable conclusion from what I said.

No, I support FATPOU healthcare, though there will need to be a frank conversation about the level of taxes that will be required as the aged population increases and live longer.
        Personally, I'd support a part public, part insurance system as they have in France. Healthcare there is generally excellent - much better than we have on average.

Comment

It should be reduced to 0k. As long as you get decent care, what does it matter? Stuff your precious little snowflakes who lounge round all day, not bothering to see their parents, then expect a massive windfall.

The only way to get on in the UK is to have rich parents. The poor have no way out.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
            They already do Its called NI.
            Nope. NI is mostly for benefits including pensions which are also obviously going to cost us a lot more in the future. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Insurance

Really it's about money available and priorities isn't it?
            Should we make this a priority and get everyone to pay for a completely free system, or should we ask that people pay for some stuff themselves?
            Bit of a philosophical question, but I'm no Marxist - I believe that there should be a safety net (here £100k remaining) but that people should largely look after themselves where they can.

The side effects would be to reduce inequality in terms of wealth and also in terms of generations. The money saved can go to other priorities for everyone, whatever they are.
            I think this is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              It should be reduced to 0k. As long as you get decent care, what does it matter? Stuff your precious little snowflakes who lounge round all day, not bothering to see their parents, then expect a massive windfall.

The only way to get on in the UK is to have rich parents. The poor have no way out.
              Snowflakes aren't going to have homes so what's going to happen then? No care for them? It's a short sighted policy.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                Right you are. You're still part of the Brexit UK though. Do you always back the wrong pony?
                UKIP are the real losers, languishing down at 7% and Nigel thrashing around in frustration as he realises May is going to put the UK in the EFTA and keep the freedom of movement.

Nigel Farage would 'pick up a rifle' if Brexit is not delivered | The Independent

A Brexit as UKIP want, won't be delivered.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                  So scrap the NHS?
                  The NHS has never covered social care.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    UKIP are the real losers, languishing down at 7% and Nigel thrashing around in frustration as he realises May is going to put the UK in the EFTA and keep the freedom of movement.

Nigel Farage would 'pick up a rifle' if Brexit is not delivered | The Independent

Take up arms and wear khaki? He's a bit old for that, isn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

In that case come the next election we'll have back the votes we've only _leant_ to the Tories.
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X