• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More Daily Mail Anti-Europe Rhetoric

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dotcom12 View Post
    I cant believe I read this garbage, how do I fix my dailmail.co.uk addiction
    Here's the cure.
    You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Was the doctor mentioned in the Times article (paywall)? The thing I'm trying to point out is that the Mail is putting their own prejudiced slant on it...You're intelligent enough to realise that but your average CUK reader along with millions of other deluded fools aren't
      Yes. It was dubbed the "Brexit virus" by an academic from Exeter University and the Fail, along with a bunch of other rags (Sun, Mirror), are all reporting it in a similar way to the Times. Rarely for the Fail, they even make the correct attribution. Nothing to see here.

Comment

More slanted bollux from the usual source that this is purely a right wing/Brexit smear.

To expand on what jamesbrown said above, an almost identical article is carried in the pro-EU Daily Mirror:

The new strain of hepatitis E (HEV) linked to pig farms in France, Holland, Germany and Denmark is infecting more than 60,000 people in Britain a year.
        The virus seems to come from Europe,” Dalton said.
        The Food Standards Agency said the virus had spread to most British pig herds with 93% of animals infected and 6% producing enough of the virus to infect humans.
        Mutant 'deadly' virus in sausages as Brits prepare for sizzling barbecue Bank Holiday weekend - Mirror Online

The newspapers including the most pro-Remain articles were, in order, Daily Mirror, The Guardian and Financial Times
        UK newspapers' positions on Brexit | University of Oxford

Whether it's true or not I have no idea but it is not a Daily Mail invention.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

If you have read the above post you are doomed. You are now infected with Hepatitis X.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            If you have read the above post you are doomed. You are now infected with Hepatitis BreXit.
            FTFY

Comment

Bojo forgets his own lies
              Boris Johnson falsely claims £350m for NHS after Brexit pledge is in the Conservative manifesto
              Boris Johnson falsely claims £350m for NHS after Brexit pledge is in the Conservative manifesto | The Independent
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

If you want proof that at least some articles in the Mail are made up, this is my favourite, because it is so easily disproved, yet the Mail is so sure that its readers are such gullible cretins that they don't care:

Britain now producing MORE cars than Germany: How the UK has become the car production capital of Europe | Daily Mail Online
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  If you want proof that at least some articles in the Mail are made up, this is my favourite, because it is so easily disproved, yet the Mail is so sure that its readers are such gullible cretins that they don't care:

Britain now producing MORE cars than Germany: How the UK has become the car production capital of Europe | Daily Mail Online
                  I notice that the Daily Mail shows Ford in Southampton but that factory closed down in 2013 and moved to Europe.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    I notice that the Daily Mail shows Ford in Southampton but that factory closed down in 2013 and moved to Europe.
                    The article is from 2012 FFS. Assguru keeping up to date with the news as usual.

Comment

Foreigners bring disease, gr8 fantastic headline

the new strain has spread to 93 per cent of pigs in the UK — with six per cent infected enough to threaten human health, the Food Standards Agency said.
                      ...and not only that, but most viruses are being spread over from the continent.

thank goodness for Brexit

Last edited by BlasterBates; 22 May 2017, 07:41.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X