• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to Die...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the foreign built and owned power stations become too expensive to run, and everyone's been taxed out of diesel cars into electric ones, they'll want people to opt for biomass energy production instead of standard cremation. Instead of an urn of ashes they'll give you some leccy credits.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Unfortunately that "natural process" often includes being dug up and torn apart and scattered by foxes!
      And the problem with that is?

Oh yes, if the foxes are hunted to near extinction as per the request of all Tory voters, then the remaining ones will dig up, but not eat all the flesh, leaving it to rot. At which point the foxes will be to blame, or possibly the EU.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        And the problem with that is? ...
        Not a problem in principle, although those attending subsequent funerals in the wood might be somewhat put out if it looked and smelled like a cannibal's lair strewn with rotting maggoty limbs and skulls and clouds of flies.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Unfortunately that "natural process" often includes being dug up and torn apart and scattered by foxes!
          Better than the remote Himalayan tribe where one feller gets drunk and proceeds to cut the carcass up to feed to the vultures.

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
            Better than the remote Himalayan tribe where one feller gets drunk and proceeds to cut the carcass up to feed to the vultures.

qh
            Why? at least this is a natural and quick process

Comment

Thought this was another Tory manifesto pledge for them up in years thread
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                Why? at least this is a natural and quick process
                Possibly, maybe not for the chap doing it.

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Vote Lib Dem, they want to legalise cannibalism. Very efficient disposal of corpses.

PS Hang on, I misread the manifesto. It's cannabis.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    Interesting alternative to cremation or burial - using alkaline hydrolysis to basically cleanse the tissue away and then grind down the bones that are left
                    ...then packaging it as Soylent...

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
                      ...then packaging it as Soylent...
                      Once Brexit takes hold Soylent Green will be the only thing left on the supermarket shelves. It's people! Soylent Green is people!

That's assuming we don't find ourselves in a world where humankind has died out to be replaced by zombies, or one where we're slaves to a race of super intelligent apes. Or any other Charlton Heston sci-fi film I've forgotten.
                      Last edited by VectraMan; 23 May 2017, 17:15.
                      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                      X