• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Training cats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post
    The bellend had a party until 3am on Saturday night and refused to be reasonable to just turn it down a bit
    The trick here is to have your own little party, beginning at 6am on the Sunday morning. Just when your neighbours' hangovers are getting going...
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
      A neighbour having a weekend party once or twice a year is acceptable and unfortunately part and parcel of living in close proximity to one another.
      Agreed - but this is every month or so. I have no problem with the party or lateness, just a polite request to down the music down slightly. A little bit of common courtesy was all I wanted

Comment

Police mun - they'll come around and tell them to knock it off.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Look, I've had some pretty riotous parties Chez Pip over the years but I ALWAYS observe the 11 pm curfew even if the assembled throng are rocking out to my Notting hillbillies collection at the time.

Comment

The house behind us were raided for drugs one Friday evening. It provided a good half-an-hour's worth of entertainment - the wife watching over a glass of wine. I was tempted to shout to the police "try the shed", because that's where it's all stashed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
              Look, I've had some pretty riotous parties Chez Pip over the years but I ALWAYS observe the 11 pm curfew ...
              11pm? That's almost past the kiddies' bedtime. What do you serve at these parties, cucumber sarnies, cakes, fizzy lemonade?
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                The trick here is to have your own little party, beginning at 6am on the Sunday morning. Just when your neighbours' hangovers are getting going...
                Toccata and Fugue in D Minor is a good start for Sunday morning
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

The kids are getting into frozen again, so I think "Let it go" on repeat would do the trick

Comment

In the UK if you make noise before 7am in the week and 8am on Sunday you are seen as causing a nuisance yourself. (I've had people drilling up the road too early which is how I know.)

So I would start the party at 8am and finish it at 8pm - with a couple of breaks of varying lengths. That way they will be lulled into a false sense of security that they would be able to go to sleep.

You also should find some genres of music you know they don't like but you and your thug looking guests can stand.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post
                      The kids are getting into frozen again, so I think "Let it go" on repeat would do the trick
                      Oh a kids party - perfect.

Do you have a trampoline? You need to move it next to their fence.

Also get your kids to get their friends and class mates who scream a lot to come over.

When they complain point out kids playing isn't noise nuisance.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X