• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nightmare scenario

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the tories are supported by coffin dodgers (so old and experienced) where as labour is supported by 16 year olds on the promise of a free lollipop.

You can pull your own conclusions from that.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Tory Scum is acutely aware that their core voters will die out, so they made a cynical bet on robbing them of their assets and try to buy "Brexiter" voters who not happy about immigration.
      I used to watch John Major's tory crowd at conference with the same thought. 25 years later, they're still there. The only way to ensure they die out is to kill anyone under the age of 50 and then leave the rest to wither.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        So the tories are supported by coffin dodgers (so old and experienced) where as labour is supported by 16 year olds on the promise of a free lollipop.

You can pull your own conclusions from that.
        Yet not so long ago:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          Yet not so long ago:

A rare case and hence noteworthy.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Voting age reduced to 16, means under educated snowflakes indoctrinated to expect everything for free will get to keep them in power forever.

Most don't work and pay no tax...scary

So its OK to send them to war at 16, work and pay tax, have kids, get married but not vote to influence any of that, I think its a disgrace. The tories have shot themselves in the foot with the benefit tax, so it will be a much closer fight that anyone thought at the start, c'mon Corbyn!

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
              So its OK to send them to war at 16, work and pay tax, have kids, get married but not vote to influence any of that, I think its a disgrace. The tories have shot themselves in the foot with the benefit tax, so it will be a much closer fight that anyone thought at the start, c'mon Corbyn!
              Depends on a couple of things. Are Labours poll gains totally a result of people switching from Lib Dems and hence any further shift will probably be limited or are they pulling votes back from the Conservatives?

Corbyn's free stuff for everyone followed by a quick trip to the IMF might be just be possible.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                Depends on a couple of things. Are Labours poll gains totally a result of people switching from Lib Dems and hence any further shift will probably be limited or are they pulling votes back from the Conservatives?

Corbyn's free stuff for everyone followed by a quick trip to the IMF might be just be possible.

I don't want Jezza to win (and I don't think he win), neither do I want a massive majority for the Tories so they can do what they like. Democracy demands an effective opposition so hopefully May will end up with a single figure majority and we'll carry on as before.

Comment

I don't want Jezza to win (and I don't think he win), neither do I want a massive majority for the Tories so they can do what they like. Democracy demands an effective opposition so hopefully May will end up with a single figure majority and we'll carry on as before.
                  I was thinking similar. I would be somewhat ironic if May ended up in pretty much the same position as before the election.

Comment

So its OK to send them to war at 16, work and pay tax, have kids, get married but not vote to influence any of that,! ...
                    Yes it's fine and how it should be, because all "that" gives them the experience and judgment to vote responsibly.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                      I was thinking similar. I would be somewhat ironic if May ended up in pretty much the same position as before the election.
                      Very ironic - if she does she only has herself to blame - silly woman
                      Do what thou wilt

Comment

Working...
                      X