• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cut through lawnmower cable

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy a proper petrol mower

HTH

(seriously - keep doing this with the hedge trimmers - pretty easy job to open up the trimmer and re make the connection but depends on where the cable break is if it is still a usable length ohh err missus)
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Buy a pair of these?

Lawnmower Cable Connector | eBay

Three-pin variant also available.

Comment

You can get a small (waterproof) connector at your local DIY store. Trim the wires either end of the break, connect it all up. Easy. Plugs just unplug all the time. But I go with Troll on this one. Get a petrol mower. You'll never regret it if your garden is of any size at all.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I got a petrol one, its hard work to get it going, but once it starts its very fast and finishes the job quick...
          I tried to be environmentally friendly and got me a manual one, really loved the idea, even if it takes me longer, I thought its a good workout... but the manual mower lasted one for 2 usages then the blades were bent out of shape

Comment

I sliced through chain saw cable once when up a ladder trimming the bush. It went bang and I fell off the ladder. Then I tripped over the wire too. Health and safety disaster!

Bit of electrical tape and duct tape - good as new!
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Nah, every time I tried to do gardering I got very bored...

You employed an Essex boy as your gardener
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Speaking of garden equipment... I tried to jet wash part of the patio yesterday, it used an awful lot of water, and took forever, I have the Kercher K2 ... just with the washer gun. Do I need to buy that round part to clean the stone patio? Would it waste a lot of water as well?

Comment

Take it to a local electrician and he'll repair it.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    Take it to a local electrician and he'll repair it.
                    Lord Finchley tried to mend the Electric Light
                    Himself. It struck him dead: And serve him right!
                    It is the business of the wealthy man
                    To give employment to the artisan.

Hilaire Belloc

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      I sliced through chain saw cable once when up a ladder trimming the bush. It went bang and I fell off the ladder. Then I tripped over the wire too. Health and safety disaster!

Bit of electrical tape and duct tape - good as new!

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X