• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cut through lawnmower cable

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    I sliced through chain saw cable once when up a ladder trimming the bush. It went bang and I fell off the ladder. Then I tripped over the wire too. Health and safety disaster!

Is there any footage? I could do with cheering up this morning

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post

Is there any footage? I could do with cheering up this morning
      Its all OK, I understand he landed on his head
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
        I got a petrol one, its hard work to get it going, but once it starts its very fast and finishes the job quick...
        I tried to be environmentally friendly and got me a manual one, really loved the idea, even if it takes me longer, I thought its a good workout... but the manual mower lasted one for 2 usages then the blades were bent out of shape
        I have used a manual one for several years and it's great. But my garden is very small (<30m square). Due to the way it cuts, you don't have to collect and dispose of the trimmings.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The old man has bought a decent battery powered mower. He seems quite happy with it. Bloody expensive fix in your case so why not just go for wiring a waterproof cable connector as previously mentioned?

Comment

AYCOTBAC?

We just bought our gardener one of these:-

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              I have used a manual one for several years and it's great. But my garden is very small (<30m square). Due to the way it cuts, you don't have to collect and dispose of the trimmings.
              I have a manual one and a electric one. I tend to use the electricity one as I cut the grass infrequently.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                I have used a manual one for several years and it's great.
                Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                I have a manual one and a electric one. I tend to use the electricity one as I cut the grass infrequently.
                You filthy beggars.

Comment

Anyone saw my question re jetwash?? Kercher K2??

Comment

After much mincing around with a rubbish electric mower, I bought a petrol mower. That was OK for a while, but needed servicing reasonably frequently as it would just stop firing every 12 months or so. It used to take a couple of weeks to get it booked in for a service and cost almost the price of buying a new one each time (probably around £100).

In the end I gave up and bought one of these:

https://www.keengardener.co.uk/bosch...lawnmower.html

It's not cheap, but it starts every time, first time, is quiet, powerful and fast. What used to take about 45 mins with my old petrol mower now takes about 15. I honestly wouldn't consider using anything else now.

More expensive that a bit of 2/3 core flex cable though.
                    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
                      Anyone saw my question re jetwash?? Kercher K2??

I saw it.

I have never had any luck cutting grass with one unfortunately .

HTH.

BIDI.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X