• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cut through lawnmower cable

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cut through lawnmower cable

Yes, happened yesterday - cable tangled up, mower went over it and sliced straight through. Am I looking at a new mower or what are options for making good again ?

And then 3 hr trip home tonight, when it should have taken 1 hr.

What lies in store for me tomorrow...?

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Yes, happened yesterday - cable tangled up, mower went over it and sliced straight through. Am I looking at a new mower or what are options for making good again ?

Bit of gaffer tape & Bob's yer uncle

Comment

Trim the cable, fix a new plug to the cable and buy an extension lead.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        Trim the cable, fix a new plug to the cable and buy an extension lead.
        Yes that's what I was thinking as the easiest option. However I have sliced near the top of the mower and so would probably need to carry the extension unit around with me !

Comment

Yes that's what I was thinking as the easiest option. However I have sliced near the top of the mower and so would probably need to carry the extension unit around with me !
          Can you attach (glue) the extension lead to the mower and push it round with the mower?

Comment

Am I looking at a new mower or what are options for making good again ?
            Get a gardener...

Comment

Can you attach (glue) the extension lead to the mower and push it round with the mower?
              ..or buy new flex, open up the handle/trigger of lawnmower, wire it up the same as the one you will be removing, stick a 13A plug on the other end - good as gold!

Comment

Channel your inner Green Party.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Get a gardener...
                  You are so health and safety conscious I guess you just like being strong and stable and for the many not the few.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    You are so health and safety conscious I guess you just like being strong and stable and for the many not the few.
                    Nah, every time I tried to do gardering I got very bored...

Comment

Working...
                    X