Explosion in Manchester Explosion in Manchester - Page 2
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 477
  1. #11

    Fingers like lightning

    GJABS - scorchio!

    GJABS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    "This video has been removed for violating YouTube's policy on spam, deceptive practices and scams."
    Odd.

    Here is another upload of the same video (from 0:03 to 0:16). It is definitely genuine. Taken from a car park on Beswick Row.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgilC5cJbYc

  2. #12

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    16,791

    Default

    The worrying thing about this, is that I suspect that it was a terrorist attack yet the security forces will come out with what they keep saying about other terrorist attacks, in that they knew of the person but that they had either dropped off of the radar or were not deemed to be particular dangerous. This always makes me wonder how many more other lunatics are out there that the security forces know of but are not bothered about...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

  3. #13

    Godlike

    barrydidit is a fount of knowledge

    barrydidit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    at the end of my tether
    Posts
    7,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    The worrying thing about this, is that I suspect that it was a terrorist attack yet the security forces will come out with what they keep saying about other terrorist attacks, in that they knew of the person but that they had either dropped off of the radar or were not deemed to be particular dangerous. This always makes me wonder how many more other lunatics are out there that the security forces know of but are not bothered about...
    According to the beeb they're arresting one a day on average.

    The fact one escaped isn't surprising, but the fact it was one with explosives rather than just a truck and a kitchen knife is very disturbing.

  4. #14

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere is always on top

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    21,025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Jeez.....lucky escape. Glad you are ok.
    Terrible news, and of all the concerts to choose as well knowing what the audience profile would have been.

    .
    As far as Islamist suicide bombers are concerned, the more innocent and vulnerable their victims the better. Kill people's loved ones, especially children, and you inflict pain for decades.

    Quote Originally Posted by GJABS View Post
    Odd.

    Here is another upload of the same video (from 0:03 to 0:16). It is definitely genuine. Taken from a car park on Beswick Row.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgilC5cJbYc
    It is odd. BBC had the footage as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    The worrying thing about this, is that I suspect that it was a terrorist attack yet the security forces will come out with what they keep saying about other terrorist attacks, in that they knew of the person but that they had either dropped off of the radar or were not deemed to be particular dangerous. This always makes me wonder how many more other lunatics are out there that the security forces know of but are not bothered about...
    Those who don't drop off the radar, or are deemed dangerous, don't get to carry out their plans. Woman arrested after being shot by police - BBC News
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...

  5. #15

    Godlike

    PurpleGorilla - scorchio!

    PurpleGorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,642

    Default

    flags at half mast at clientco driving in this morning. Choked me up to see that. Horrific news, utterly tragic.

  6. #16

    Ddraig Goch

    psychocandy - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cymru
    Posts
    10,145

    Default

    Absolutely awful.....

    Time to step things up. Don't tell me this guys friends/family etc had no idea. If they can prove anyone else knew about this - take them into the street and shoot them in the back of the head.

    I don't buy this "one or two nutters things". When was the last time the "community" or religious group dobbed in one of their members. Be interested to see this. Too much turning a blind eye for my liking.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

  7. #17

    Fingers like lightning

    I just need to test it has more data than eek


    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A wet place
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Bastard Radio 4. I was alright listening to the politicians repeating the usual platitudes about "thoughts and prayers" but when they started interviewing some of those at the scene and the parents (damn you, Imran from Leeds. That was so moving) had me in bits.

  8. #18

    More fingers than teeth

    scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    19,558

    Default

    Why target so many young people? Poor things, may the rest in peace.

    Mi5 was recently reported as foiling a number of attacks, wasn't that true? Guess it was only a matter of time before one slipped through.
    Last edited by scooterscot; 23rd May 2017 at 07:30.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

  9. #19

    Godlike

    PurpleGorilla - scorchio!

    PurpleGorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psychocandy View Post
    Absolutely awful.....

    Time to step things up. Don't tell me this guys friends/family etc had no idea. If they can prove anyone else knew about this - take them into the street and shoot them in the back of the head.

    I don't buy this "one or two nutters things". When was the last time the "community" or religious group dobbed in one of their members. Be interested to see this. Too much turning a blind eye for my liking.
    Best not to speculate. The police will have every resource imaginable to work this case as hard and fast as they can.

  10. #20

    More fingers than teeth

    scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    19,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Best not to speculate. The police will have every resource imaginable to work this case as hard and fast as they can.
    Speculation is your forté is it not? Had this happened in the EU somewhere you'd be the first to condemn policy of Germany or Sweden. Look forward to reading about your condemnation of UK foreign policy.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •