• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Explosion in Manchester

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    "This video has been removed for violating YouTube's policy on spam, deceptive practices and scams."
    Odd.

Here is another upload of the same video (from 0:03 to 0:16). It is definitely genuine. Taken from a car park on Beswick Row.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgilC5cJbYc

Comment

The worrying thing about this, is that I suspect that it was a terrorist attack yet the security forces will come out with what they keep saying about other terrorist attacks, in that they knew of the person but that they had either dropped off of the radar or were not deemed to be particular dangerous. This always makes me wonder how many more other lunatics are out there that the security forces know of but are not bothered about...
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        The worrying thing about this, is that I suspect that it was a terrorist attack yet the security forces will come out with what they keep saying about other terrorist attacks, in that they knew of the person but that they had either dropped off of the radar or were not deemed to be particular dangerous. This always makes me wonder how many more other lunatics are out there that the security forces know of but are not bothered about...
        According to the beeb they're arresting one a day on average.

The fact one escaped isn't surprising, but the fact it was one with explosives rather than just a truck and a kitchen knife is very disturbing.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Jeez.....lucky escape. Glad you are ok.
          Terrible news, and of all the concerts to choose as well knowing what the audience profile would have been.

As far as Islamist suicide bombers are concerned, the more innocent and vulnerable their victims the better. Kill people's loved ones, especially children, and you inflict pain for decades.

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
          Odd.

Here is another upload of the same video (from 0:03 to 0:16). It is definitely genuine. Taken from a car park on Beswick Row.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgilC5cJbYc
          It is odd. BBC had the footage as well.

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          Those who don't drop off the radar, or are deemed dangerous, don't get to carry out their plans. Woman arrested after being shot by police - BBC News
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

flags at half mast at clientco driving in this morning. Choked me up to see that. Horrific news, utterly tragic.
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Absolutely awful.....

Time to step things up. Don't tell me this guys friends/family etc had no idea. If they can prove anyone else knew about this - take them into the street and shoot them in the back of the head.

I don't buy this "one or two nutters things". When was the last time the "community" or religious group dobbed in one of their members. Be interested to see this. Too much turning a blind eye for my liking.
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Bastard Radio 4. I was alright listening to the politicians repeating the usual platitudes about "thoughts and prayers" but when they started interviewing some of those at the scene and the parents (damn you, Imran from Leeds. That was so moving) had me in bits.

Comment

Why target so many young people? Poor things, may the rest in peace.

Mi5 was recently reported as foiling a number of attacks, wasn't that true? Guess it was only a matter of time before one slipped through.
                  Last edited by scooterscot; 23 May 2017, 07:30.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Absolutely awful.....

Time to step things up. Don't tell me this guys friends/family etc had no idea. If they can prove anyone else knew about this - take them into the street and shoot them in the back of the head.

I don't buy this "one or two nutters things". When was the last time the "community" or religious group dobbed in one of their members. Be interested to see this. Too much turning a blind eye for my liking.
                    Best not to speculate. The police will have every resource imaginable to work this case as hard and fast as they can.
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                      Best not to speculate. The police will have every resource imaginable to work this case as hard and fast as they can.
                      Speculation is your forté is it not? Had this happened in the EU somewhere you'd be the first to condemn policy of Germany or Sweden. Look forward to reading about your condemnation of UK foreign policy.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X