• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Great British press at its best again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great British press at its best again

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...asive-tabloids

Hutchins, 22, was propelled into the media spotlight when he activated a “kill switch” in the malicious software that wreaked havoc on organisations including the UK’s National Health Service earlier this month. He originally told the Guardian how he spotted the URL not knowing what it would do at the time, and spoke under his alias of MalwareTech because he did not want to be identified.

But within two days Hutchins, who operates out of an English coastal town, tweeted that he had woken up to discover that his picture was on the front page of a newspaper and since then has become the centre of a media storm. At first the blogger saw the funny side of having to climb over his back wall to avoid reporters camped outside his house, but now, he says, the situation has escalated to the point that he feels the British tabloids have put his life in danger.

Writing of his experiences on Twitter, he also said the press had doxxed a friend of his, which involves searching for and publishing private or identifying information about a particular individual on the internet, typically with malicious intent.

MalwareTech ✔ @MalwareTechBlog
    I knew 5 minutes of fame would be horrible but honestly i misjudge just how horrible.... British tabloids are super invasive.

MalwareTech ✔ @MalwareTechBlog
    Journalist doxed a friend then rang them offering money for my gf's name and phone number, one turned up at another friend's house.
    3:32 PM - 20 May 2017
    658 658 Retweets 1,046 1,046 likes

Where there is a human there is dirt to dig up.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Tabloid journos = bottom feeding scum

That is all....
      Do what thou wilt

Comment

Scary,

I suppose the best way to handle it would be to get them to publish a fake story.

You could have some real fun with it...if I was in his position I would be looking to get myself into a "drug fuelled orgy" headline.

By getting them hooked on fake stories, would push them away from the "real stuff". Then you could sue them.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 23 May 2017, 09:31.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Scary,

I suppose the best way to handle it would be to get them to publish a fake story.

You could have some real fun with it...if I was in his position I would be looking to get myself into a "drug fuelled orgy" headline.

Only problem with that story is some stupid employer in future would use the drugs against him.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Years ago, a mate of mine, who was into the early concept of the soccer casual, and had written books on the subject of football and fashion, appeared in that old Coca Cola football advert about super fans. (He's the bloke standing in his back garden with a crush barrier he bought from his 'team'). Came home from work one day to find a few journos hanging around outside his house. The Sun went with the 'COCA COLA ADVERT STAR IS KNIFE WIELDING SOCCER THUG' headline on the front pages the following day. The guy lost his job and went through weeks of hell. the retraction He ended up getting printed was about the size of a postage stamp, somewhere around the bit between the chatline adverts and the sports pages. Tabloid journos are *******.
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Scary,

I suppose the best way to handle it would be to get a massive dog.
              FTFY

Comment

Did he not sue for wrongful dismissal?
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Wonder which is worse tabloids or recruiters ?? A few Manchester based business managers on my LinkedIn say recruiters called them to pretend they are worried about them and their families.. then proceed to sell them their amazing candidates .... show must go on !!

Comment

Working...
                  X