• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The religion of wahhabism

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCrEksY7H4s

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Since you've studied it, you know exactly where it says it. (Clue: It's in Paul's second letter to Timothy)
      ...And there's nowhere in it where it says that parts of it are not "the word of God".

Now run off to your other websites and ask them how to answer the truth. You've got no idea yourself.
      You'll have to be explicit, the onus is on you.

Who said I've studied the Bible? Care to back that up?

"the truth" thick as mince

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        You are right. There is also a great difference between the Bible and the Koran. The Bible is a collection of stories with some references to God,s law. The Koran is in its entirety are the words of God and God,s instructions. If all Muslims followed the word of the Koran, then they would all be extremists like ISIS. It is a paradox.

Everything in the. Koran must be taken as the truth in order to be a believer. Examples are that the Koran says that if a fly falls into your drink, you must push the whole fly in because one wing contains the antidote to the fly's poison. Muslim universities spend much time trying to prove this. Then there is Mohammed who split the moon, OMG. The stories given to prove that one. Rape can be used as a punishment, they are all there to read.

Please read the Koran
        I would agree that currently Muslims are more likely (proportionally speaking) to be fundamentalist than Christians, but there are plenty of Christians (i.e. fundamentalists) who do believe in the Bible literally. And plenty of Muslims who do not take a fundamentalist position. See below for a survey conducted in sub-Saharan Africa.

World’s Muslims disagree on reading Koran literally | Vancouver Sun

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Please read the Koran
          Is there an Hollywood epic for us to watch instead, like those with Charlton Heston? Even if the content is pure fantasy they do make for interesting movies.

Rather that than another crappy remake/reboot of an old classic, such as Ben Hur or Clash of the Titans.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            I would agree that currently Muslims are more likely (proportionally speaking) to be fundamentalist than Christians, but there are plenty of Christians (i.e. fundamentalists) who do believe in the Bible literally. And plenty of Muslims who do not take a fundamentalist position. See below for a survey conducted in sub-Saharan Africa.

Awe, isn't it heart warming only near 50% of folk in the DR Congo think that a woman's testimony is less of that of a man.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
              Is there an Hollywood epic for us to watch instead, like those with Charlton Heston? Even if the content is pure fantasy they do make for interesting movies.

Rather that than another crappy remake/reboot of an old classic, such as Ben Hur or Clash of the Titans.
              That might be difficult given the relationship of depicting Muhammad and death.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                Awe, isn't it heart warming only near 50% of folk in the DR Congo think that a woman's testimony is less of that of a man.
                Another argument isn't it? Have we moved on from 'Everything in the Koran must be taken as the truth in order to be a believer'?

Comment

Another argument isn't it? Have we moved on from 'Everything in the Koran must be taken as the truth in order to be a believer'?
                  Making things up again I see, unless of course you can show where I said that?

Comment

What amazes me is that we have somewhere between 1.5 Billion and 2 Billion Muslims in the world......

There must be something more to the religion that violence otherwise we would all be in trouble! Just think of the guy at the kebab shop or take away. We'd all have been poisoned by now

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                      Making things up again I see, unless of course you can show where I said that?
                      No, I'm not making anything up. I was referencing Paddy's statement to which my post was responding.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                      X