• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The religion of wahhabism

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Fairy tales, that's all they are.
    People tend not to go to war over interpretations of Jack and the Beanstalk.

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
    +1

All the bloodshed throughout history over some nonsense written back in stone ages.

For the Bible - Bronze Age (possibly), Iron Age, Roman. For the Koran, Byzantine, perhaps?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      People tend not to go to war over interpretations of Jack and the Beanstalk.

For the Bible - Bronze Age (possibly), Iron Age, Roman. For the Koran, Byzantine, perhaps?
      I can't see the relevance of your statement about Jack and the Beanstalk.

My guess is Oscarose was using stone age as a reference to when humans where considered backward, rather than a specific time period.
      Last edited by woohoo; 25 May 2017, 11:41.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        I can't see the relevance of your statement about Jack and the Beanstalk.
        It's quite simple. I'm maintaining that people don't go to war over the interpretation of fairy tales, ergo - religious texts aren't fairy tales. Some other category quite possibly, but not fairy tales.

Some of the ages during which what are now religious texts were written, were quite sophisticated. Certainly give your average university student a run for their money nowadays.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
        X