• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So glad I don't watch any TV during weekdays

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So glad I don't watch any TV during weekdays

In my lodgings I use my TV only to watch films and suchlike (currently watching a DVD of Stressed Eric)

But if I watched BBC news, it would be hour after hour after hour, on the hour every hour, of obsessing and agonizing over the Manchester attack, yet again as always desperately trying to absolve the UK muslim community from any blame.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

There are other channels available on freeview that don't show the news e.g. Film4, Pick, Dave, ITV3.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      In my lodgings I use my TV only to watch films and suchlike (currently watching a DVD of Stressed Eric)

But if I watched BBC news, it would be hour after hour after hour, on the hour every hour, of obsessing and agonizing over the Manchester attack, yet again as always desperately trying to absolve the UK muslim community from any blame.
      And people lining up to show they're more upset than the next person.

I do find it rather narcissistic (not people who have been directly affected, of course, but the usual assortment of 'slebs and their lachrymous outpourings).

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
        And people lining up to show they're more upset than the next person.

I do find it rather narcissistic (not people who have been directly affected, of course, but the usual assortment of 'slebs and their lachrymous outpourings).
        especially celebs who say "we must stand firm", "this won't change us", etc, but then promptly cancel their gigs!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

An interesting article here for anyone with a modicum of intelligence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_responsibility

Comment

Owlhoot clicks on Post New Thread.

He doesn't have to wait long....

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post

Owlhoot clicks on Post New Thread.

He doesn't have to wait long....
              I guess some people like owly do enjoy exploiting the mass murder of children for their own entertainment.

Comment

I thought this was going to be about Bargain Hunt being on EVERY day!

Yes I agree. It was terrible, but other things are happening, and there hasn't been very much actual news about Manchester. Just the same story being repeated. I turned on The Daily Politics earlier and they were talking about it too.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  I thought this was going to be about Bargain Hunt being on EVERY day!

Yes I agree. It was terrible, but other things are happening, and there hasn't been very much actual news about Manchester. Just the same story being repeated. I turned on The Daily Politics earlier and they were talking about it too.
                  Psychocandy is usually on Jeremy Kyle if anyone fancies a change.

Comment

I put it on thinking surely the hand-wringing must be over by now....nope, still going!

Oh well back to the hunt for obscure Fluvia Lacerda pics (which is what afternoons were invented for in the first place, of course).

Comment

Working...
                    X