So glad I don't watch any TV during weekdays So glad I don't watch any TV during weekdays
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1

    More fingers than teeth

    OwlHoot - scorchio!

    OwlHoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,641

    Default So glad I don't watch any TV during weekdays

    In my lodgings I use my TV only to watch films and suchlike (currently watching a DVD of Stressed Eric)

    But if I watched BBC news, it would be hour after hour after hour, on the hour every hour, of obsessing and agonizing over the Manchester attack, yet again as always desperately trying to absolve the UK muslim community from any blame.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

  2. #2

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen is always on top

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    29,564

    Default

    There are other channels available on freeview that don't show the news e.g. Film4, Pick, Dave, ITV3.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  3. #3

    Banned

    Pip in a Poke 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OwlHoot View Post
    In my lodgings I use my TV only to watch films and suchlike (currently watching a DVD of Stressed Eric)

    But if I watched BBC news, it would be hour after hour after hour, on the hour every hour, of obsessing and agonizing over the Manchester attack, yet again as always desperately trying to absolve the UK muslim community from any blame.
    And people lining up to show they're more upset than the next person.

    I do find it rather narcissistic (not people who have been directly affected, of course, but the usual assortment of 'slebs and their lachrymous outpourings).

  4. #4

    More fingers than teeth

    OwlHoot - scorchio!

    OwlHoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    And people lining up to show they're more upset than the next person.

    I do find it rather narcissistic (not people who have been directly affected, of course, but the usual assortment of 'slebs and their lachrymous outpourings).
    especially celebs who say "we must stand firm", "this won't change us", etc, but then promptly cancel their gigs!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

  5. #5

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    9,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OwlHoot View Post
    In my lodgings I use my TV only to watch films and suchlike (currently watching a DVD of Stressed Eric)

    But if I watched BBC news, it would be hour after hour after hour, on the hour every hour, of obsessing and agonizing over the Manchester attack, yet again as always desperately trying to absolve the UK muslim community from any blame.
    An interesting article here for anyone with a modicum of intelligence.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_responsibility
    Where there's muck there's brass.

  6. #6

    Fingers like lightning

    I just need to test it has more data than eek


    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A wet place
    Posts
    584

    Default



    Owlhoot clicks on Post New Thread.

    He doesn't have to wait long....

  7. #7

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    9,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I just need to test it View Post


    Owlhoot clicks on Post New Thread.

    He doesn't have to wait long....
    I guess some people like owly do enjoy exploiting the mass murder of children for their own entertainment.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

  8. #8

    Lord of the Vectras

    VectraMan - scorchio!

    VectraMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    European Union (Yorkshire)
    Posts
    11,442

    Default

    I thought this was going to be about Bargain Hunt being on EVERY day!

    Yes I agree. It was terrible, but other things are happening, and there hasn't been very much actual news about Manchester. Just the same story being repeated. I turned on The Daily Politics earlier and they were talking about it too.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

  9. #9

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    9,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VectraMan View Post
    I thought this was going to be about Bargain Hunt being on EVERY day!

    Yes I agree. It was terrible, but other things are happening, and there hasn't been very much actual news about Manchester. Just the same story being repeated. I turned on The Daily Politics earlier and they were talking about it too.
    Psychocandy is usually on Jeremy Kyle if anyone fancies a change.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

  10. #10

    Should post faster

    glebe digital is too good to be a permie


    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    back of beyond
    Posts
    134

    Default

    I put it on thinking surely the hand-wringing must be over by now....nope, still going!

    Oh well back to the hunt for obscure Fluvia Lacerda pics (which is what afternoons were invented for in the first place, of course).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •