• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you Doing Enough To Keep Outside IR35 - Virus in email

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you Doing Enough To Keep Outside IR35 - Virus in email

Just a heads up, got an email purporting to be from someone called "The Contractor Support Network" titled

Are you Doing Enough To Keep Outside IR35?
    Which has send my emails virus scanning into overdrive and flagged as a virus.

Best keep an eye out if you get one too
    Contracting is like plumbing. You're your own boss until you walk into someone's house and they tell you to take your shoes off.

Have you told them?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

What mail server are you using? Gmail and O365 haven't let a single spam/phishing to my inbox in ages even on my "spam" address used to register on all kinds of dubious places.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
        What mail server are you using? Gmail and O365 haven't let a single spam/phishing to my inbox in ages even on my "spam" address used to register on all kinds of dubious places.
        I host my own mail server, which flagged it as SPAM and I got the virus alert automatically from that
        Contracting is like plumbing. You're your own boss until you walk into someone's house and they tell you to take your shoes off.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Have you told them?
          Used the form on their website

Comment

Originally posted by InsertWittyNameHere555 View Post
            I host my own mail server, which flagged it as SPAM and I got the virus alert automatically from that
            Not a very clever thing to do these days... Gmail and Outlook365 both have far better AV and security ability than you. running your own server is just going to get you owned sooner or later. Especially if you are running an exchange service.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
              Both gmail and outlook have let emails with attachments with viruses go into my inbox as recent as last week

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                Both gmail and outlook have let emails with attachments with viruses go into my inbox as recent as last week
                Same here.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                  Not a very clever thing to do these days... Gmail and Outlook365 both have far better AV and security ability than you. running your own server is just going to get you owned sooner or later. Especially if you are running an exchange service.
                  No system is fool proof, which is why I thought I would share what I have found with others

Comment

Working...
                  X