• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Manchester United's Europa League Win...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manchester United's Europa League Win...

Manchester United's Europa League win is day zero for the Jose Mourinho project - and it's a year overdue | The Independent

Manchester United & José Mourinho

I looked at the possession stats briefly and looks like it was all Ajax? Man U deserve to win?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      Man U deserve to win?
      Yes, because they scored.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Yes, because they scored.

HTH
        thanks.

Comment

I looked at the possession stats briefly and looks like it was all Ajax? Man U deserve to win?
          It was pretty reminiscent of Mourinho's 2010 ECL win with Internazionale. "You can have the ball, as long as you move it sideways or backwards. You don't get to have it inside our area". United controlled the game without having possession, just as Mou has done before. Intellectually, it's quite interesting. As a sporting spectacle, it's awfully meh.

I'm not equating this to "parking the bus" by the way - just highlighting that ball possession isn't the only way to control the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Lambert Simnel View Post
            It was pretty reminiscent of Mourinho's 2010 ECL win with Internazionale. "You can have the ball, as long as you move it sideways or backwards. You don't get to have it inside our area". United controlled the game without having possession, just as Mou has done before. Intellectually, it's quite interesting. As a sporting spectacle, it's awfully meh.

I'm not equating this to "parking the bus" by the way - just highlighting that ball possession isn't the only way to control the game.
            Yup which is why I asked. Though when you see that level of possession given away its surprising.

Comment

Who cares!!! They won.

Comment

Working...
              X