• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wild honeybee nest - How to remove?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    £1000 fine apparently if he kills the hive.
    Really but I'm sure I've seen pest control offering these services. Even the http://www.bpca.org.uk suggest getting a trained pest controller out.

ahhh noticed this at the bottom of the bpca site

PLEASE NOTE: Due to ethical reasons, not all pest control companies will treat for bees so you may have to contact multiple companies
    Last edited by woohoo; 25 May 2017, 13:09.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I'm probably the only one that hasn't already spotted it but Innerest was Gittens Gal favourite term as well wasn't it?
      A mere typo my friend.

Easily dome

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        I think someone else pointed it out a week or so ago.
        I and two or three others have pointed out about five times over the last couple of months.

But PiaP's posts have seemed OK on the whole recently, so I didn't dwell on it.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          They are endangered.

If you do any gardening you would have seen in the last decade or so stuff on bees being endangered.
          The OP could pay a beekeeper to literally roll up their sleeves and delve around inside the nest with their bare arm until they find the queen and then gently extract her and place her in a beehive. Once the rest of the hive has joined her, the hive can be driven away on the back of a pick up truck.

(But don't try this at home if you've eaten any spicy food in the last few days, or you'll seriously upset the bees! )
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Send in a honey badger. The world's hardest animal...

Comment

NLUK has been struggling with just one Bee for over a year. I'd just buy a new house.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
                Send in a honey badger. The world's hardest animal...

The Honey Monster would win.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Nuke whole site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure...

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    I and two or three others have pointed out about five times over the last couple of months.

But PiaP's posts have been completely dull and pointless on the whole recently, so I didn't dwell on it.
                    Ah OK. Thanks.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Try taking a wee on it.
                      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Working...
                      X