• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBQ Time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    The old man will do it for you for a small fee.
    'Bone' (Urban Dictionary: bone) Sardines he must have a smaller pecker than AssSnob no wonder you stray.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Ok so have the sardines, chicken, corn on the cob and German beer. All sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
        Grilled sardines but I can never find them fresh enough.
        SARDINES!!!!

Are you calling me?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          I think I'm going to finish early and have a BBQ.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Blimey that's expensive! I only get 5 BBQs max out of a 10KG bag. The fuel is more expensive than the meat!

Comment

Originally posted by MeMeMe1966 View Post
            Blimey that's expensive! I only get 5 BBQs max out of a 10KG bag. The fuel is more expensive than the meat!
            I agree but the food tastes better! I've ordered another bag but yep something cheaper would be better.

Comment

Fancy doing a fish dish, just need some ideas?
              Pesto stuffed mackerel.

Get the person on the Waitrose fish counter to head & gut the fish.
              Make the pesto (I use home grown basil, rocket and garlic with some roasted pine nuts, olive oil and salt) and leave it in the fridge for a few hours.
              Make 3 scores down either side of the fish, put pesto into the scores and put some into the cavity.
              Wrap in foil, or cook it on a hot plate. 4 minutes one side, 3 the other.

Not only is it quick, easy and tasty, the fish is sustainable, British, and very good for you.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                SARDINES!!!!

Are you calling me?
                Sim. Gosto de sardinhas

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Pesto stuffed mackerel.

Get the person on the Waitrose fish counter to head & gut the fish.
                  Make the pesto (I use home grown basil, rocket and garlic with some roasted pine nuts, olive oil and salt) and leave it in the fridge for a few hours.
                  Make 3 scores down either side of the fish, put pesto into the scores and put some into the cavity.
                  Wrap in foil, or cook it on a hot plate. 4 minutes one side, 3 the other.

Not only is it quick, easy and tasty, the fish is sustainable, British, and very good for you.
                  I may give that a go - Fish Friday at Waitrose.

Have to say I was surprised at the lovely taste of the sardines. The misses didnt like the smell and the flies flocked to it but as a taster, just sardines on their own, lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
                    Sim. Gosto de sardinhas
                    As sardinhas só são boas no mês de Junho/Julho quando estão bem gordinhas.

Comment

I may give that a go - Fish Friday at Waitrose.

Have to say I was surprised at the lovely taste of the sardines. The misses didnt like the smell and the flies flocked to it but as a taster, just sardines on their own, lovely.
                      Neat. You had that tonight?

In my own case, I tend to avoid supermarket fish. They sell it as fresh but it's all been frozen and I often find it too dry. Flavour can be tainted too. Often the same thing with the fishmonger on your local market.

I always order mine from the local pub who get a daily delivery from Lyme Regis & all the boats down there are day boats so you always know it's never been frozen.

Comment

Working...
                      X