BBQ Time BBQ Time - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 21 to 23 of 23

Thread: BBQ Time

Super poster

woohoo is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    Neat. You had that tonight?

In my own case, I tend to avoid supermarket fish. They sell it as fresh but it's all been frozen and I often find it too dry. Flavour can be tainted too. Often the same thing with the fishmonger on your local market.

I always order mine from the local pub who get a daily delivery from Lyme Regis & all the boats down there are day boats so you always know it's never been frozen.
    Yep, the misses popped into Sainsburys and bought 4, just as a tester.

She is a bit funny with fish, so far she only likes Salmon and Sea Bass. She couldn't even bring herself to try the sardines because of the smell. I had a couple, just plain and thought the taste was lovely. Will definitely be looking up a few recipes in the future.

I'm not sure I have many options in Manchester for fresh fish?? I get our meat from a great butcher in Flixton, makes all the difference.

Contractor Among Contractors

Big Blue Plymouth is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    Yep, the misses popped into Sainsburys and bought 4, just as a tester.

She is a bit funny with fish, so far she only likes Salmon and Sea Bass. She couldn't even bring herself to try the sardines because of the smell. I had a couple, just plain and thought the taste was lovely. Will definitely be looking up a few recipes in the future.
    I'm the same. Hast to be very fresh & as a rule I only have it by the coast but now I'm across the border into Dorset may be having a bit more

Contractor Among Contractors

Big Blue Plymouth is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by Bee View Post
    As sardinhas só são boas no mês de Junho/Julho quando estão bem gordinhas.
    Eu nao sabia disso. Obrigado.