• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBQ Time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    Neat. You had that tonight?

In my own case, I tend to avoid supermarket fish. They sell it as fresh but it's all been frozen and I often find it too dry. Flavour can be tainted too. Often the same thing with the fishmonger on your local market.

I always order mine from the local pub who get a daily delivery from Lyme Regis & all the boats down there are day boats so you always know it's never been frozen.
    Yep, the misses popped into Sainsburys and bought 4, just as a tester.

She is a bit funny with fish, so far she only likes Salmon and Sea Bass. She couldn't even bring herself to try the sardines because of the smell. I had a couple, just plain and thought the taste was lovely. Will definitely be looking up a few recipes in the future.

I'm not sure I have many options in Manchester for fresh fish?? I get our meat from a great butcher in Flixton, makes all the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      Yep, the misses popped into Sainsburys and bought 4, just as a tester.

She is a bit funny with fish, so far she only likes Salmon and Sea Bass. She couldn't even bring herself to try the sardines because of the smell. I had a couple, just plain and thought the taste was lovely. Will definitely be looking up a few recipes in the future.
      I'm the same. Hast to be very fresh & as a rule I only have it by the coast but now I'm across the border into Dorset may be having a bit more

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
        As sardinhas só são boas no mês de Junho/Julho quando estão bem gordinhas.
        Eu nao sabia disso. Obrigado.

Comment

Working...
        X