• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why Do/Don't...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did they stop around the same time people stopped dangling those anti-static strips from their car's rear-end? Apparently they stopped people getting car sick, so something changed to make them redundant.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Does anyone remember Why Don't yOU?

It was shown in the mornings of the school holidays and was presented by a group of schoolchildren from diiferent locations around the UK urging you to, well do something other than watch TV like make spacerockets out of fairy liquid bottles and such like.

I think the full title of the show was was put to music and was sung in the theme song but it was so convoluted I don't remember what it was.

Did anyone ever do anything they suggested?

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post

It was shown in the mornings of the school holidays and was presented by a group of schoolchildren from diiferent locations around the UK urging you to, well do something other than watch TV like make spacerockets out of fairy liquid bottles and such like.

I think the full title of the show was was put to music and was sung in the theme song but it was so convoluted I don't remember what it was.

Why Don't You Just Switch Off Your Television Set and Go Out and Do Something Less Boring?

Wise words that should be applied to CUK.

Comment

This thread is the worst Peter Kay routine ever.
          Last edited by Pondlife; 26 May 2017, 10:44. Reason: spelunk

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            This thread is the worst Peter Kaye routine ever.
            Peter KAY, local boy and so much up his own arse nowadays....

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              Why Don't You Just Switch Off Your Television Set and Go Out and Do Something Less Boring Instead?

Wise words that should be applied to CUK.
              FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                Why Don't You Just Switch Off Your Television Set and Go Out and Do Something Less Boring Instead
                FTFY.

And no, I never did.

I only ever caught the tail end of it while waiting for Whirlybirds to start.
                Last edited by Big Blue Plymouth; 26 May 2017, 10:35.

Comment

Why do motorists never use the inside lane of the motorway and hog the outside lane ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post

A girl I knew at school moved away, and then was on Why Don't You.

True story.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                      Why do motorists never use the inside lane of the motorway and hog the outside lane ?
                      WGAS. Just cut them up on the middle or inside lane.

Comment

Working...
                      X