• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Robots stealing jobs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robots stealing jobs

UK workers think robots and the falling pound pose greatest risk to their jobs | The Independent

If you look carefully at the robot in the article, you might notice that it has an Indian flag printed on it.

I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    UK workers think robots and the falling pound pose greatest risk to their jobs | The Independent

If you look carefully at the robot in article, you might notice that it has an Indian flag printed on it.

It works both ways. The old man is brushing up on his break dancing skills so he can offer a cheaper alternative to the robot sex slave.

Comment

Not immigrants then?

Oddly the biggest threat is the gap between rich and poor.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Not immigrants then?

Oddly the biggest threat is the gap between rich and poor.
        Muslim robots, mate. You saw it here first.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          Muslim robots, mate. You saw it here first.
          muslim terrorist refugee robots
          Damn

Comment

Should be some interesting plan B's out of this, such as custom paint schemes and a multitude of aftermarket parts to satisfy government's diversity target.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Worked on a few of these, replacing clerical processes, not manufacturing robots

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roboti...ation_software

Government departments are going big on these, do more with the same amount of people, or to reduce the headcount.

Comment

The good news is that falling pound will make robots too expensive...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  The good news is that falling pound will make robots too expensive...

Depends who loses the race to the bottom. All other major currencies are also falling over the medium term, probably.

Besides with all those Raspberry PIs and similar, the school kids will be able to build robots here in the UK for a pittance. I wonder if there's an open university course yet for robot building using Raspberry PI and Lego/Meccano. Would make for an interesting hobby.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Robot care workers. "Ageing population crisis" fixed.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X