• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear. How Sad. Nevermind.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    In the wake of this sad news, I'd just like to publicise that there is a help line for those affected. Vetran, Original PM, Hobosapien, PurpleGorilla - you don't have to suffer on your own.
    You missed one.

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    I thought she was quite good on LBC, and reasonably balanced, so it is a shame they got rid of her.
    I'm sure she didn't intend to have the meaning of the holocaust underlying her "final solution" words.

She still writes for the Daily Mail, doesn't she?
    Hopefully not for much longer.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I thought she was quite good on LBC, and reasonably balanced, so it is a shame they got rid of her.
      I'm sure she didn't intend to have the meaning of the holocaust underlying her "final solution" words.

She still writes for the Daily Mail, doesn't she?
      How can you be so sure? Is she a certified ignoramus?

Comment

Seriously? and seriously?
        She knew exactly what she was saying and doing. Am for free speech but that one is just a truly nasty piece of work with no redeeming features.
        The Daily Mail with its historic record and clickbait stories won't have much of a problem with her, but if might be another thing if the advertisers start to object.

Comment

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
          Seriously? and seriously?
          She knew exactly what she was saying
          Yes, and Yes.

No one with half a brain really thinks that the solution to the terrorism problem is to send the millions of muslims in this country into gas chambers and kill them all. To suggest, as some have, that that is what Katie Hopkins really meant is an groundless insult.

Comment

Yes, and Yes.

No one with half a brain really thinks that the solution to the terrorism problem is to send the millions of muslims in this country into gas chambers and kill them all. To suggest, as some have, that that is what Katie Hopkins really meant is an groundless insult.
            It is a weird coincidence that a rabble rousing far right commentator would use the phrase in the context of a religious minority.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              It is a weird coincidence that a rabble rousing far right commentator would use the phrase in the context of a religious minority.
              It is probably in her mind a lot, and then it just slipped out.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                You need to have an actual conversation with a woman other than your mum some time.
                Does my wife count?

Or sister in law?

Or maybe one of my daughters?

For someone who tries to act so progressive and liberal you seem to have quickly put me in a box and labelled it.

Comment

She knew what she was saying, and as a self-publicist who relies on people talking about her, whether she believes it or not is not her point. She meant to say it, she lives off publicity, and this has people talking about her, therefore she is happy.
                  Whatever she does next, people will want to read about it so they can agree, or be shocked.
                  Just another intolerant right wing hate preacher, like Abu Hamza.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    She knew what she was saying, and as a self-publicist who relies on people talking about her, whether she believes it or not is not her point. She meant to say it, she lives off publicity, and this has people talking about her, therefore she is happy.
                    Whatever she does next, people will want to read about it so they can agree, or be shocked.
                    Just another intolerant right wing hate preacher, like Abu Hamza.
                    She's a shock jock & that's what she does, I guess. Never listened to her myself but no doubt she'll be popping up again somewhere else sometime soon. Talksport, probably.

Comment

She has form when it comes to advocating violence:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X