Oh Dear.  How Sad.  Nevermind. Oh Dear. How Sad. Nevermind. - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 59
  1. #11

    Nice But Dim

    DaveB is a fount of knowledge

    DaveB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    19,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    In the wake of this sad news, I'd just like to publicise that there is a help line for those affected. Vetran, Original PM, Hobosapien, PurpleGorilla - you don't have to suffer on your own.
    You missed one.

    Quote Originally Posted by GJABS View Post
    I thought she was quite good on LBC, and reasonably balanced, so it is a shame they got rid of her.
    I'm sure she didn't intend to have the meaning of the holocaust underlying her "final solution" words.

    She still writes for the Daily Mail, doesn't she?
    Hopefully not for much longer.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

  2. #12

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    9,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GJABS View Post
    I thought she was quite good on LBC, and reasonably balanced, so it is a shame they got rid of her.
    I'm sure she didn't intend to have the meaning of the holocaust underlying her "final solution" words.

    She still writes for the Daily Mail, doesn't she?
    How can you be so sure? Is she a certified ignoramus?
    Where there's muck there's brass.

  3. #13

    More time posting than coding

    Elliegirl has more data than eek


    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Wherever I lay my hat
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GJABS View Post
    I thought she was quite good on LBC, and reasonably balanced, so it is a shame they got rid of her.
    I'm sure she didn't intend to have the meaning of the holocaust underlying her "final solution" words.
    Seriously? and seriously?
    She knew exactly what she was saying and doing. Am for free speech but that one is just a truly nasty piece of work with no redeeming features.
    The Daily Mail with its historic record and clickbait stories won't have much of a problem with her, but if might be another thing if the advertisers start to object.

  4. #14

    Fingers like lightning

    GJABS - scorchio!

    GJABS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elliegirl View Post
    Seriously? and seriously?
    She knew exactly what she was saying
    Yes, and Yes.

    No one with half a brain really thinks that the solution to the terrorism problem is to send the millions of muslims in this country into gas chambers and kill them all. To suggest, as some have, that that is what Katie Hopkins really meant is an groundless insult.

  5. #15

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    9,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GJABS View Post
    Yes, and Yes.

    No one with half a brain really thinks that the solution to the terrorism problem is to send the millions of muslims in this country into gas chambers and kill them all. To suggest, as some have, that that is what Katie Hopkins really meant is an groundless insult.
    It is a weird coincidence that a rabble rousing far right commentator would use the phrase in the context of a religious minority.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

  6. #16

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere is always on top

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    20,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladyuk View Post
    It is a weird coincidence that a rabble rousing far right commentator would use the phrase in the context of a religious minority.
    It is probably in her mind a lot, and then it just slipped out.
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...

  7. #17

    Double Godlike!

    original PM is a fount of knowledge

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladyuk View Post
    You need to have an actual conversation with a woman other than your mum some time.
    Does my wife count?

    Or sister in law?

    Or maybe one of my daughters?

    For someone who tries to act so progressive and liberal you seem to have quickly put me in a box and labelled it.

  8. #18

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH is always on top

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    17,762

    Default

    She knew what she was saying, and as a self-publicist who relies on people talking about her, whether she believes it or not is not her point. She meant to say it, she lives off publicity, and this has people talking about her, therefore she is happy.
    Whatever she does next, people will want to read about it so they can agree, or be shocked.
    Just another intolerant right wing hate preacher, like Abu Hamza.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

  9. #19

    Banned

    Big Blue Plymouth is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    She knew what she was saying, and as a self-publicist who relies on people talking about her, whether she believes it or not is not her point. She meant to say it, she lives off publicity, and this has people talking about her, therefore she is happy.
    Whatever she does next, people will want to read about it so they can agree, or be shocked.
    Just another intolerant right wing hate preacher, like Abu Hamza.
    She's a shock jock & that's what she does, I guess. Never listened to her myself but no doubt she'll be popping up again somewhere else sometime soon. Talksport, probably.

  10. #20

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    16,757

    Default

    She has form when it comes to advocating violence:

    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •