• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So who did BA outsource their IT to?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    As a supporter of the Plain English Campaign, may I request that the title of this thread be renamed to "So, to whom did BA outsource their IT?" ?
    No.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

As a supporter of the Plain English Campaign, may I request that the title of this thread be renamed to "So, to whom did BA outsource their IT?" ?
      That is not plain English. The original version is more 'plain English'/

Neither is your version grammatically correct within the strict and dubious confines of 19th century grammarian English, the 'correct' version being:

'So, to whom did BA outsource its IT?'

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post

Neither is your version grammatically correct within the strict and dubious confines of 19th century grammarian English, the 'correct' version being:

I don't want to be pedantic, but shouldn't it be:

'So, to whom did B.A. outsource its I.T.?'

Thanks and Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post

Thanks and Regards
          Who gives a tulip?
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Who gives a tulip?
            I wondered who'd bite!

Here she is, Sue Lenin.

Comment

WNLDYUK said.

I did consider it but it looks old fashioned and stuffy (I would, of course, used NLDYUK's correct question had I wanted to sound like Jacob Rees-Mogg).
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

That depends on whether you define BA as a corporate entity or a collective. Either is valid.

Anyhow, I was always taught not to end a sentence with a preposition.

Such grammatical strictures may no longer be in vogue but I'm quite happy to stick with standards commensurate with O' Level English Language circa 1979, thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post

Thanks and Regards
                  Our you sure it isn't:
                  "Sew too whom does B.a. Outsource it's It?"
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

That depends on whether you define BA as a corporate entity or a collective. Either is valid.

Anyhow, I was always taught not to end a sentence with a preposition.

Such grammatical strictures may no longer be in vogue but I'm quite happy to stick with standards commensurate with O' Level English Language circa 1979, thank you very much.
                    NLyUK is an expert in 'O' and 'A' levels....

Comment

Is a comma right, or should it be So....?

And British Airways is plural, which makes it their and not its.

The greater question is: to whom did Cojak outsource her grammar checking?
                      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                      X