• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

burqa in Poland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diseasex View Post

My friend (really pretty blonde) is working in emirates now. She started to wear hijab just to stop annoying males stopping their cars all the time, trying to pick her, being looked at constantly up etc etc etc etc.
    I've heard similar from Kuwaiti women about Saudi men.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
      Why would any women want to wear that tulip if not for reasons of not being opressed, overly looked at by men reason?

My friend (really pretty blonde) is working in emirates now. She started to wear hijab just to stop annoying males stopping their cars all the time, trying to pick her, being looked at constantly up etc etc etc etc.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        And?

All it shows is how backward Poland is.

There have been rich Arabs in London with wives, sisters, etc who have worn burqas as far as I can remember.
        When my son was 3 and we were visiting London he asked why there are so many ninjas in London

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          Targets from syria ?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Thought the Polish historically had better principles than that....
            Why should Poland tolerate suppression of women in public I wonder?

Comment

Don't get this obsession with the Muslim veil.

There are security concerns as some have said above, and there are occasions, like witnesses in court and interviews, where seeing the face is necessary but generally it's hardly that important in itself.

If it is an oppression of women, the Burqa is only a symptom. we need to address the causes.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

There are security concerns as some have said above, and there are occasions, like witnesses in court and interviews, where seeing the face is necessary but generally it's hardly that important in itself.

If it is an oppression of women, the Burqa is only a symptom. we need to address the causes.
                If we wont tolerate discrimination at work and just about everywhere else why would we tolerate permitting the wearing of a veil? If someone is wearing a veil they have chosen to be invisible to the rest of the world which means that they cannot a job or talk to anyone except those within their own family

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

A bit like terrorism, it needs the engagement of the Muslim community(though a major difference is that terrorists claim to be Muslim however are not). However if you suggest that, then Muslims say they are being blamed.

I am currently reading rage by Wilbur Smith. A story based on apartheid in South Africa. Muslim women are going to face a similar struggle and I wish them well.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                      burqa should be compulsory for mingers
                      and hot shorts for lookers.
                      that will be an ideal world.
                      And ugly men like you should have to wear face masks...
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X