• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

After the US did the same, now Australia pushes Britain to the back of the queue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Yap yap yap.
    OK.

Comment

WTF do we buy from Australia? Wine that tastes like petrol, Kangaroo meat for dog food?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        WTF do we buy from Australia? Wine that tastes like petrol, Kangaroo meat for dog food?

NHS staff, IT staff, accountants, tradesmen, loads of wine (though their tulipest), emmm....
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          NHS staff, IT staff, accountants, tradesmen, loads of wine (though their tulipest), emmm....
          So same as we import from everywhere then, cheap immigrants.

Comment

So same as we import from everywhere then, cheap immigrants.

Meat, wheat, wine, and ore. Good thing you can rely on them for a free trade deal...

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
              Meat, wheat, wine, and ore. Good thing you can rely on them for a free trade deal...
              Meat? What meat do we buy from Australia.

Wine we can buy anywhere. We make almost no metals here now, so what ore?

I think you are talking utter bollox.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                Not everyone jumps at their own shadow quite the way that YOU do sas. Anyone would think that you spend your entire online day desperately scrabbling around for gloomy half-truths to justify your obsessions.

HTH BIDI

Well that's why I'm a millionaire and you're not. You're reactive, I'm proactive. Still your naive optimism will serve you well in the food bank queue. Although your kids might find your quips a bit tedious when they're long-term unemployed.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Meat? What meat do we buy from Australia.

Wine we can buy anywhere. We make almost no metals here now, so what ore?

I think you are talking utter bollox.
                  Trade is a 2 way thing:

• Imports from United Kingdom A$14,900 million
                  • Exports to United Kingdom A$12,069 million
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Ok so looking at this thread - the main gist is that Australia are going to push through a deal with the EU before Brexit....

So that means at present Australia does not have a trade deal with the EU? Is this correct?

And at present the UK are trading with Australia? Is this correct?

So after UK leaves the EU why would Britain not continue to trade with Australia like it is at the moment - with the current deal we have?

I am confused as to what I am missing.

Comment

I was going to buy a boomerang from ebay Australia but the seller stated “No Returns”
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X