Hot to hand in notice Hot to hand in notice - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 31 to 33 of 33

Double Godlike!

original PM is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by SandyD View Post
    Its all done, I just told them I'd like to stick to the original date of contract end and not accept the extension...
    Now they said, well ok can you do a couple of numpty tasks for us... I said well these tasks are not part of my contractual work I came here to do... they said well its either this or we can end the contract today ... i.e. not get paid for my notice

Don't get me wrong I had numpty tasks many times previously and it really is expected on most contracts, but with all the travel etc its not worth it.

Will go and see the tasks in details, and see how I feel, I may decide that's it am not working my notice
    Difficult situation.

If you engaged a plumber and then said I ain't got any plumbing for you but mow the lawn they would probably be in their rights to tell you to stick it and if you tried not pay them probably sue you for breach of contract.

However I guess your situation is not that clear cut?

Fingers like lightning

SandyD is a permanent contractor

Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Difficult situation.

If you engaged a plumber and then said I ain't got any plumbing for you but mow the lawn they would probably be in their rights to tell you to stick it and if you tried not pay them probably sue you for breach of contract.

However I guess your situation is not that clear cut?
    I suppose plumber could attempt to mow the lawn, have endless cups of tea, and do a very bad job of it... in that case I can't complain or take him to court as I knew he wasn't contracted to cut the lawn !!

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk is always on top

Plumbers don't have IR35 looming over them.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!