• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hot to hand in notice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot to hand in notice

Hmmmm its been a long time since I initiated a contract end notice, in the last few years it seems most of my projects ended with huge programs getting canned and hundreds of contractors given notice …
    Anyway, people here are sort of nice, but my role is sort of sh*t not a specific area or project, people throw at me random stuff that no one knows how to do or can be bothered to do… no structure, which I can tolerate as we all know it happens in many places… however I got a better offer closer to home… so how should I break it up to them ??
    Any suggestions even comical ones welcomed.

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
    Hmmmm its been a long time since I initiated a contract end notice, in the last few years it seems most of my projects ended with huge programs getting canned and hundreds of contractors given notice …
    Anyway, people here are sort of nice, but my role is sort of sh*t not a specific area or project, people throw at me random stuff that no one knows how to do or can be bothered to do… no structure, which I can tolerate as we all know it happens in many places… however I got a better offer closer to home… so how should I break it up to them ??
    Any suggestions even comical ones welcomed.
    Go to your line manager and say "Hi my name is Sandy and heres my notice"

Comment

OMG... the title should have been How to hand in notice, not Hot to hand in notice

Comment

Send your manager a link to this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
          Hmmmm....
          ........so how should I break it up to them ??
          Sounds like no one's gonna be too fussed. Just go AWOL and don't turn in - the earth keeps turning, no sweat. Let them sort out their own dirty jobs. Camp out in the garden, phone switched off, till the new job commences.

h.t.h
          one day at a time

Comment

Stick your finger up the boss man's arse. Even if he likes it, he'll have to march you off the premises immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              Stick your finger up the boss man's arse. Even if he likes it, he'll have to march you off the premises immediately.
              Isn't that how mods resign?

Comment

You tried searching the prof forums at all?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
                  Sounds like no one's gonna be too fussed. Just go AWOL and don't turn in - the earth keeps turning, no sweat. Let them sort out their own dirty jobs. Camp out in the garden, phone switched off, till the new job commences.

h.t.h
                  Best suggestion ever ...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Isn't that how mods resign?
                    It's how MF does it, but i'm not sure that's much of a benchmark.

Comment

Working...
                    X