• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bike luggage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there is hard luggage our there if you look

MT-03

Comment

Originally posted by bluetoaster View Post
      there is hard luggage our there if you look

MT-03
      Excellent stuff.

Went to the hepco-and-becker uk site & they have just what I'm after for my bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
        (I've posted this on a motorcycle forum but since there's a few bikers on this forum, I'll ask the question here too)

Taking my bike (Yamaha mt-03) to Spain for a week this summer. Never done this sort of thing before so not sure what best luggage options are.

Seems that soft panniers/saddlebags are the cheaper option but hard luggage is better from a security point of view as you can leave your gear on the bike when you park up.

Unfortunately it seems that Givi, Kappa et al don't do the pannier fittings for my bike so it would have to be some kind of topbox. There's a nice 52 litre number I've seen but can't help thinking that's one hell of a lump to have on the back of the bike. Anyone recommend any other brands worth looking into?

Be interested to hear what the resident bikers' preferences are for this kind of thing.
        How about something like a Givi 46 litre top box, Kriega US30 on the pillion seat and a small backpack for essentials?

I have a Givi DLM 46 on my Bandit. Doesn't look too big but has plenty of space and is well built.

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorOnAMotorbike View Post
          How about something like a Givi 46 litre top box, Kriega US30 on the pillion seat and a small backpack for essentials?

I have a Givi DLM 46 on my Bandit. Doesn't look too big but has plenty of space and is well built.
          What kind of load to you put on? They all seem to state a max of 10kg. Which doesn't seem very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
            What kind of load to you put on? They all seem to state a max of 10kg. Which doesn't seem very much.
            I had this question also. My view is that Givi says 10kg to absolve themselves of any liability. I've never weighed what I've put in the top box but I know there are plenty of times when it's been easily 15 kilos at least and it's been fine.

The Kriega US series are soft bags that sit on your pillion seat and are secured by harnesses that go under the seat so there is no weight limit as such. You could also strap a US20 bag on top of a US30 to get 50 litres of capacity. So a top box plus soft bags would give you approximately 100 litres of capacity excluding 10 to 15 litres that you can get from a small backpack.

Comment

Working...
            X