• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How large a working majority will Tories get?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Indeed. Its confirmation that the UK is fecked.....
    one day at a time

Comment

Indeed. Its confirmation that the UK is fecked.....
      Couldn't happen to a nicer country.

Comment

You like being in the same CUK set as diseasex?
        And what set am I ?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          That YouGov model is great fun.....absolute toss though. Models aside, the pollsters that rely on self-reported turnout are in for another embarrassing day on Thurs...

I hope not, but still reckon the Tories are heading for an 80+ majority.
          Good work, yougov. They even predicted Canterbury correctly.

http://yougov.co.uk/uk-general-election-2017/
          http://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/06/09/the-day-after/

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
            And what set am I ?
            The sasguru set.

HTH BISDI.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              Couldn't happen to a nicer country.
              Good to see you think the UK is less nice than USA, Saudi(or any other Middle East country), China, Russia, North Korea.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                No, the model is still toss. It's not the outcome I'm looking at, but the internals of the model. Incidentally, constituency models have been used before (e.g. in 2015), and they are widely used in the US (for US states) by Nate Silver and others. Their performance is mixed, at best, and they fundamentally rely on national polls to distribute the votes at a constituency level. You didn't need the YouGov constituency model to predict a Hung Parliament on the basis of the YouGov polls. They (along with Survation) were the only companies whose polls were pointing to a Hung Parliament, although YouGov bottled it last minute by assigning the DKs in their final poll.

Comment

Good to see you think the UK is less nice than USA, Saudi(or any other Middle East country), China, Russia, North Korea.
                  Boo hoo.

Comment

Working...
                  X