• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Remainers may know this

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    In case you haven't heard, it's the figure Juncker came up with (possibly after a particularly long lunch) which he insists has to be paid before we (and anyone else, since he's now set the precedent) can leave.
    Although imho we should pay him in 1 Euro coins, inserted rectally, and stop paying when he screams loud enough. Or maybe add on a 10% tip...
    Wrong as usual. The 100 million guesstimate came from the FT. Is there anything you get right?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Wrong as usual. The 100 million guesstimate came from the FT. Is there anything you get right?
      It was leaked to the FT by the EU. Your ball...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Would that be the same type of leak that stains your underwear brown?
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          I recently heard that the EU changed the exit rules just after Article 50 was invoked.

Any EU country wishing to leave, as the UK is, now needs the unanimous consent of every other EU country.

Is this true? Has the EU effectively sealed the exit, so all other EU countries are trapped with no possibility of escape?
          Just some paranoid right wing fake news.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Would that be the same type of leak that stains your underwear brown?
            Oh I see, in the absence of an intelligent contribution you resort to the incontinence gags. Hilarious, I'm sure.
            You really should think about growing up, or preferably shutting up. Or you could move back to the UK, and then you'd have the right to an opinion. Until then, remember, opinions are just like arseholes. Everyone has one, but most of us don't give a sh*t about anyone else's.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

And which right wing post truth media outlet did you read that on?
              Trump tweeted it.

Comment

Oh I see, in the absence of an intelligent contribution you resort to the incontinence gags. Hilarious, I'm sure.
                You really should think about growing up, or preferably shutting up. Or you could move back to the UK, and then you'd have the right to an opinion. Until then, remember, opinions are just like arseholes. Everyone has one, but most of us don't give a sh*t about anyone else's.
                You basically just explained your whole existence...Now where is this proof that Juncker leaked it or are your like the rest of the crazies and make tulip up and then believe it? Put up or shut up
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

No it wasn't. The FT did their own calculations based on various scenarios that the EU could use but haven't committed to yet, and came up with a range of figures from the estimate £60bn originally quoted to £113bn which is the headline they ran with.

https://www.ft.com/content/cc7eed42-...5-23ef563ecf9a

Originally posted by FT
                  Estimates of Britain’s Brexit bill are highly variable because they include assumptions on Britain’s exit date, its proper share of contributions, UK receipts such as its budget rebate or EU investment spending, and the type of liabilities it is expected to honour. European diplomats consider this flexibility as helpful in reaching a deal.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

You basically just explained your whole existence...Now where is this proof that Juncker leaked it or are your like the rest of the crazies and make tulip up and then believe it? Put up or shut up
                    I can't prove it, but a combination of "EU sources" and an EU think-tank whose name I shamefully can't remember with their dabs all over it give the game away somewhat (declaration - I know people in the journo world, and they openly refer to the FT as the mouthpiece of the EU). Make no mistake, anything that appears in the press (British or German - and that's no coincidence) has come straight from Juncker's team, most likely from the German bloke who is Juncker's right hand man. And no, I can't be arsed to look his name up either. I'll call him "Martin the crazy Kraut" for now. How's that?

Comment

I can't prove it, but a combination of "EU sources" and an EU think-tank whose name I shamefully can't remember with their dabs all over it give the game away somewhat (declaration - I know people in the journo world, and they openly refer to the FT as the mouthpiece of the EU). Make no mistake, anything that appears in the press (British or German - and that's no coincidence) has come straight from Juncker's team, most likely from the German bloke who is Juncker's right hand man. And no, I can't be arsed to look his name up either. I'll call him "Martin the crazy Kraut" for now. How's that?
                      Nope, still absolute bollocks...

Comment

Working...
                      X