• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Project Fear has become Project Reality

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project Fear has become Project Reality

The facts:

1. Sharp slowdown in growth. From being one of the fastest growing G7 economies last year, we are now the slowest, slower than Greece or Italy.
    2. Sharp rise in inflation
    3. 1st quarterly fall in house prices since 2009.

All this in a period when the economic cycle world-wide is on the up.

All these facts are easily googleable.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

I was pass on this devastating news to my butler. Hope he doesn't take it too hard.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      The facts:

1. Sharp slowdown in growth. From being one of the fastest growing G7 economies last year, we are now the slowest, slower than Greece or Italy.

I'd like a link to an objective source for 1) because I don't believe that.

Comment

God, the Remainer barrage is relentless. It's like being in the trenches but with less chance of dying (except of boredom).
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The facts:

House prices are not dropping quick enough. I voted Brexit to watch the housing market crash & burn so I could buy a big pile in the country for half the price. When will it happen??
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            House prices are not dropping quick enough. I voted Brexit to watch the housing market crash & burn so I could buy a big pile in the country for half the price. When will it happen??
            Quite happy, let em drop slow whilst I liquidate the company, go travelling, with a bit of lucrative work on the way, then return to pick up a bargain.

Largely for cash, obviously
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              You may have missed the boat. I sold my Kensington flat and did just that right at the peak in 2014

(although I have to admit it's a sod to commute from Devon half way across the country each week).
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The facts:

The growth for the quarter mirrors 2016: https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/gross...imeseries/ihyq

You're making a false equivalence of growth for a quarter vs. growth for an entire year.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                  The growth for the quarter mirrors 2016: https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/gross...imeseries/ihyq

You're making a false equivalence of growth for a quarter vs. growth for an entire year.
                  The difference is last year no one grew much in the 1st quarter. This year everyone's grown more than us. Even the best estimates don't have us much more than 1.2% for the year. I predict it will be under 1% as inflation bites spending will fall.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
                    I'd like a link to an objective source for 1) because I don't believe that.
                    Look it up pip.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X