• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who else is buying British and avoiding EU goods where possible?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    FTFY
    1. France 138
    2. United States 121
    3. United Kingdom 105

And I'd expect the UK to drop a lot further once everyone is driving around in Leyland like Lada's
    What the hell do France buy from Germany? It's not food, wine or cars. Everyone I know who's French would rather buy Bulgarian than German.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      What the hell do France buy from Germany?
      French-German dictionaries.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        French-German dictionaries.

HTH
        Don't they all speak English?
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Don't they all speak English?
          Really embarrassing actually. As I struggle to learn German.. .day to day others in the company rattle off Deutsch, French, English.. like it was their mother tongue in all three. Usually only switching to English for my benefit.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

What the hell do France buy from Germany? It's not food, wine or cars. Everyone I know who's French would rather buy Bulgarian than German.
            You can't know that many French people then. (Or you like to make sweeping generalisations based on skewed data sets)
            The 4 biggest imports into France from Germany are: aircraft (10%), cars (9%), aircraft parts and car parts
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
            X