• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And now for some sense at last

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

be afraid, be very afraid

Labour poll at 40%

I'm alright Jack

Comment

I'm just wondering whether a Labour government might be voted in because everyone thinks it would be a "bit of a laugh".

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Labour poll at 40%

And you think they will vote that way in the ballot box?

Comment

Labour poll at 40%

Look.

At the last election, opinion polls had the 2 parties neck and neck, some even had labour ahead.

And look what happened....

On that basis I predict an increased majority. Probably a majority of around 30 seats.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            And you think they will vote that way in the ballot box?
            You wanted to stick it up to elites with brexit vote, now it's your chance again

Comment

On that basis I predict an increased majority. Probably a majority of around 30 seats.
              I really hope you're right PiaP but I shall buy an extra bottle of vodka to drown my sorrows just in case.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I'm just wondering whether a Labour government might be voted in because everyone thinks it would be a "bit of a laugh".

Like Brexit?

In seriousness, the Brexit / Trump we've-had-enough-of-the-status-quo theme may play a part.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  So, you don't reckon IR35 will be applied in the private sector in the way it has been in the public sector, 12-24 months down the line.
                  Vs EVERYONE is an employee by law, unless the company wants to take the govt to court on each individual basis?

But as everyone will be benched or on a picket line, it's a bit irrelevant don't you think?

Comment

Working...
                  X