• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

60% income tax band under Tories!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    No 13.8% uncapped Employer NIC in those calcs.
    FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
      How much tax do you pay on the incremental income between £100K and £123K? £13.6K. So for every pound of income above £100K up to £123K, as ATW rightly notes, you lose 60p in tax.
      I thought it was probably something like that. I suggest taking a trip to your local pub, explaining it to people and see how much sympathy you get.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        I thought it was probably something like that. I suggest taking a trip to your local pub, explaining it to people and see how much sympathy you get.
        I'd explain them that adding 5-10% extra tax on 1% of people won't generate that much extra revenue, so that Govt is using it to distract people like pub drinkers from a bunch of other taxes ON THEM.

Comment

Working...
        X