• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tories want to sell off NHS assets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tories want to sell off NHS assets

What is the Naylor Report? Everything you need to know about Theresa May's NHS property sell-off - Mirror Online

Looks like your health will also be at risk if you vote Tory
    Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Everything will be at risk if you vote for Corbyn. Start hoarding toilet paper now.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

And how is selling off surplus NHS property and crumbling old buildings or getting rid of inefficient buildings a problem? Hardly what "selling NHS assets" suggests to some.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

This isn't new.

They have done it near me.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Everything will be at risk if you vote for Corbyn. Start hoarding toilet paper now.
          Yep

https://www.omrlp.com/
          Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

FFS!

The article is in the Mirror.

What has this to do with reality?

Comment

This is nothing new. The government realised that it seems to be a property agency with a government attached to it some years ago. They are making a very valid point and have gone to great lengths to get a plan together that reduces the building footprints and makes departments share space to become more efficient.

The other point is if you digitise the government how many Civil Service seats do you need?

As for the NHS their estate is a mess and with some decent thought it is more than possible to sell old land for housing to fund a comparatively cheap to run building that is also easy to clean and regulate. The previous problem was that twat Gordon got loads of sub-standard schools and Hospitals built that won't last as long as the debt they created mad

Or perhaps you would rather be asset rich and cash poor because they cost too much to run?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                And how is selling off surplus NHS property and crumbling old buildings or getting rid of inefficient buildings a problem? Hardly what "selling NHS assets" suggests to some.
                The problem is that if they are allowed to do it, then suddenly there will be a lot of ineffucient buildings to be sold off

Comment

It's alright, perfectly normal the patients don't mind being outside in the street.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

It'll be a problem when 'selling off unused and crumbling NHS properties' becomes 'Theresa May's husband buying working hospitals and leasing them back to the NHS'.
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                    X