• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Staking £10K With a Chance to Win Back £400

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lambert Simnel View Post
    I certainly was happy to bet on Macron at 10/1 on (once he had made the second round vs Le Pen). Now that was a sure thing, and the odds came close to reflecting it.

May will likely still get her majority, but taking a bet on that at 25/1 on is ludicrous, and shows a significant lack of understanding of the recent volatility of British politics. No doubt when the Tories win the better in question will feel vindicated with his £400 to wave around - it won't change the fact that this was a dumb bet to take, with a poor understanding of the actual odds.
    Yeah, but I spend more on champagne and pies in a month, so it's horses for courses isn't it.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Yeah, but I spend more on champagne and pies in a month, so it's horses for courses isn't it.
      Looks like you'll have to downgrade to Cava for a couple of years...

Comment

MF will have an exciting election night ... as long as he hasn't told the wife.

Otherwise, it'll be the dog-house for a month.

Comment

Working...
        X