• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

10 Quid Minimum wage and Ltd Companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's an absolute disgrace. So basically Labour are Ok for the self employed and Ltd company directors to live in poverty with no guarantee of a minimum wage, but anyone you hire is entitled.

Absolute disgrace and I for one will not be voting Labour on that racist behaviour.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      That's an absolute disgrace. So basically Labour are Ok for the self employed and Ltd company directors to live in poverty with no guarantee of a minimum wage, but anyone you hire is entitled.

Absolute disgrace and I for one will not be voting Labour on that racist behaviour.
      You are exempt anyway

Convicted prisoners – notwithstanding repeated European Court of Human Rights rulings that this disqualification is a violation of prisoners’ rights; anybody who has been found guilty of corruption in the past five years; people with a mental illness or disability that prevents them from making a reasoned judgement. (To clarify this last disqualification: under the 1918 Representation of the People Act, you cannot register as an elector if you are “an idiot; a lunatic… [or] an imbecile who is not compos mentis” – but you may register and vote during a “lucid interval”.)
      General Election 2015 explained: Who can vote, who's excluded - and does the Queen get to have her say? | The Independent
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        "It is our firm intention to reduce taxes for ordinary working families"

Thst means increasing taxes on non-ordinary or not-working or not families
        As opposed to Liebour's idea of not raising taxes for 95% of the UK...?

The amount of sheer nonsense going around this election is actually quite scary. I've seen one idiot seriously claiming Corbyn is stronger on defence than May...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          As opposed to Liebour's idea of not raising taxes for 95% of the UK...?

The amount of sheer nonsense going around this election is actually quite scary. I've seen one idiot seriously claiming Corbyn is stronger on defence than May...
          Why? Cos he will take a stand against Saudi and other Gulf states?
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Why? Cos he will take a stand against Saudi and other Gulf states?
            Furthermore, Corbie says money should be spent on the armed forces on the ground rather than investing in more nuclear weapons. It makes sense to me.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              Furthermore, Corbie says money should be spent on the armed forces on the ground rather than investing in more nuclear weapons. It makes sense to me.
              If you think that Corbyn would spend more on any form of defence you are living in a dream world. Labour would cut defence spending including scrapping Trident, despite the crap he comes out with. This man cannot be trusted to protect the UK.
              "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
                If you think that Corbyn would spend more on any form of defence you are living in a dream world. Labour would cut defence spending including scrapping Trident, despite the crap he comes out with. This man cannot be trusted to protect the UK.
                I trust none of them. They either clearly power hunger, idealistic or both.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  If I work Fulltime for my Ltd and only pay myself 10k a year, then that's less than the minumum wage.

Should I sue my own Ltd???
                  No point rocking the boat MF. Anyone willing to pay YOU 10k a year already has more money than sense. No point antagonising them.

HTH
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                  X