• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

10 Quid Minimum wage and Ltd Companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 Quid Minimum wage and Ltd Companies

So I was intrigued by this. Labour would like to push the horly rate up to a tenner an hour. On 40 hours per week, you could say that was 20k

If I work Fulltime for my Ltd and only pay myself 10k a year, then that's less than the minumum wage.

Should I sue my own Ltd???
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Yep. Your employer is a miser!
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      So I was intrigued by this. Labour would like to push the horly rate up to a tenner an hour. On 40 hours per week, you could say that was 20k

If I work Fulltime for my Ltd and only pay myself 10k a year, then that's less than the minumum wage.

£10 per hour is a reasonable minimum wage when employing someone in an affluent city considering the cost of a short commute to work and back will cost around £8.00 these days.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

You won't be working as there will be no paid work, being a director and an employee would be illegal (Everyone in Korbyn land is an employee by law), you would need at least 10 union reps in your company, corp tax would be 35% and paying an employee like you an dividend would be illegal. An to cap it all you'd probably have to go on strike in protest.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Tories to exempt highest earners from any income tax hikes | The Independent

Was it David Cameron who famously said.

"It's not a question whether we make the rich richer or the poor poorer, I think we can do both"

I'm alright Jack

Comment

"It is our firm intention to reduce taxes for ordinary working families"

Thst means increasing taxes on non-ordinary or not-working or not families

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              "It is our firm intention to reduce taxes for ordinary working families"

Thst means increasing taxes on non-ordinary or not-working or not families
              Cheer up just make Suzie the Squirrel into Mrs Atw yu know you want to.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Cheer up just make Suzie the Squirrel into Mrs Atw yu know you want to.
                Suzie got more nuts than me, so that's a no...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

No, but Comrade Corbyn's govt will sue you, and as a Director you should expect 20 years hard labour (no pun intended). Don't worry mate, I'll come and visit you in the Gulag...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-...e-minimum-wage

Comment

Working...
                    X