• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kicking off on London Bridge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Manchester benefit concert today should now be a prime target for terrorists, I wouldn't send my children there
    If I was a terrorist my attack would be on Thursday evening spread through the country.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      If I was a terrorist my attack would be on Thursday evening spread through the country.
      Yes that is a prime target as well, but # of victims per bomb will be lower in a polling station queue compared with the queue to get into the concert.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        What has immigration got to do with anything, as almost all of the terrorsits have been British born, is there a UKIP version of Godwin's Law
        Unfortunately we have to get away from the idea that British born equals British values. We need to face reality, so far the British born terrorists have been of immigrant parents. They were born in the UK but brought up with values from their country of origin. Maybe there should be a change in the law to change the statues of immigrant families and their children.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          Yes that is a prime target as well, but # of victims per bomb will be lower in a polling station queue compared with the queue to get into the concert.
          But you will cause more fear by picking of a few people randomly than at a mass event. Plus polling stations aren't very secure due the number of them and where they can be located. I've voted in portable cabins put on some random green space.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            Unfortunately we have to get away from the idea that British born equals British values. We need to face reality, so far the British born terrorists have been of immigrant parents. They were born in the UK but brought up with values from their country of origin. Maybe there should be a change in the law to change the statues of immigrant families and their children.
            Even UKIP haven't gone that far (yet).
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Why would National Freelancers Day be a good target?
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                One of the victims of the Manchester attack brother's did an interview​. He pointed out both himself and his dead brother had a similar family background to the bomber.

You are forgetting that even in this country the attackers are killing other Muslims. (Though it isn't Muslim to attack and kill people during Ramadan.)

Comment

What has immigration got to do with anything, as almost all of the terrorsits have been British born
                  That frequently repeated mantra is quite nonsensical. A terrorist may be British born but, if he is born of an ethnic minority that previous immigration has given us, if his attitudes are shaped by the culture of the country his forbears came from, rather than our own, it is still an immigration issue. Look at the Manchester bomber, British born of Libyan origin and he was radicalised in Libya.

The non UK born are a factor in another way. A survey in 2005 showed that over three-quarters of Britain's 2,000 imams were born and trained abroad and speak little English. More recent articles indicate that Imams speaking in other languages may well be a factor in radicalisation of British-born Muslims, it makes it much harder for the authorities to find out if radicalisation is taking place.

On immigration we need to consider the future and ensure we only take in those who accept our core values, who are willing and able to integrate and are likely to succeed. If we keep dismissing the problems that some ethnic minorities have given us as "nothing to do with immigration" we are doomed to keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again.
                  Last edited by xoggoth; 4 June 2017, 09:24.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    That frequently repeated mantra is quite nonsensical. They may be born here but, if they are born to ethnic minorities that previous immigration has given us, it is certainly to do with immigration. A terrorist may be British born but, if his attitudes are shaped by the culture of the country his forbears came from, rather than our own, it is still an immigration issue.

The non UK born are a factor in another way. A survey in 2005 showed that over three-quarters of Britain's 2,000 imams were born and trained abroad and speak little English. More recent articles indicate that Imams speaking in other languages may well be a factor in radicalisation of British-born Muslims, it makes it much harder for the authorities to find out if radicalisation is taking place.

On immigration we need to consider the future and ensure we only take in those who accept our core values, who are willing and able to integrate and are likely to succeed. If we keep dismissing the problems that ethnic minorities have given us as "nothing to do with immigration" we are doomed to keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again.
                    The killers of Lee Rigby were converts, so was the Westminster attacker and so were a few others.

Regardless of the immigration policy you put in place if you let those like Anjem Choudary abuse the use of free speech - and individuals did complained about him to the police due to him trying to influence their sons - then it isn't going to work.

It took years for the police and CPS to find something they could put him in prison for and by that time he managed to poison a lot of minds.

Oh and prison is where a lot of people convert...

Comment

One of the victims of the Manchester attack brother's did an interview​. He pointed out both himself and his dead brother had a similar family background to the bomber.

You are forgetting that even in this country the attackers are killing other Muslims. (Though it isn't Muslim to attack and kill people during Ramadan.)
                      Only if you're attacking fellow Muslims.

http://www.khilafah.com/ramadan-and-the-battle-of-badr/

Comment

Working...
                      X