• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would you do ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I'll be driving into London, again, in a few days time and it doesn't worry me at all. The only concern I have is an irate Leaver keying the car because it has Germany plates (which is actually why I pay for private parking...) London is a large city and I suspect you're more likely to get mugged than attacked by a person fueled on religious fantasies...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

You are more likely to die driving to the airport than you are to be killed in a terrorist attack.

Don't give in to hate.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Well I'll be driving into London, again, in a few days time and it doesn't worry me at all. The only concern I have is an irate Leaver keying the car because it has Germany plates (which is actually why I pay for private parking...) London is a large city and I suspect you're more likely to get mugged than attacked by a person fueled on religious fantasies...
        London is probably the last place an "irate leaver" will key your car. Half the cars here have foreign plates, mostly Eastern European variations, German will be a bit of a novelty, but you should be fine. Most of us Leavers are only allowed out under supervision.
        And you're right about the muggers, the ones on scooters are the latest thing. If you have a flash mobile, don't use it while out walking, nip into a doorway or something.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          We always have a great time there especially in August, last year we were walking back from having our dinner in China town at about 9pm and we heard what sounded like the start of a Grand Prix, I guessed what it was and we zoomed down to Piccadilly Circus to see the Middle East tourists revving up their Lamborghinis what a show that was

Central London is gorgeous it's unique and for my children who live in a quiet village it's an eye opener

So no doubts about staying in cogent garden

Just don't want to become a statistic

Milan
          If you love it then go for it! I personally wouldn't, given the choice I'd pick somewhere a little way away from the tourist centres, but still walkable. Hope you have a great time, Beansey!!
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            London is probably the last place an "irate leaver" will key your car. Half the cars here have foreign plates, mostly Eastern European variations, German will be a bit of a novelty, but you should be fine. Most of us Leavers are only allowed out under supervision.
            And you're right about the muggers, the ones on scooters are the latest thing. If you have a flash mobile, don't use it while out walking, nip into a doorway or something.
            Isn't nicking mobile phones the largest crime in the UK now? I know when I'm there I never leave it on the table in a cafe or pub which I do here with impunity...I saw that about scooters, not nice at all especially the video I saw of one of the attacks.

I'm actually more worried about driving my car is some other European countries than the UK but recent trips have seen more hostile gestures made, in particular WVM...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Isn't nicking mobile phones the largest crime in the UK now? I know when I'm there I never leave it on the table in a cafe or pub which I do here with impunity...I saw that about scooters, not nice at all especially the video I saw of one of the attacks.
              Some of the cheaper thieves still use push bikes which they have nicked.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Attacks will stop after May wins election ...
                WHS

If she doesn't Islamist Terrorists, Hamas, Japanese Kamikazi pilots, the IRA & Cybermen will launch chaos on the streets of London under a Corbyn/SNP government.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

yes that's the thing, I grew up with the IRA threat, dad because of his job had to look under his car every evening in the railway station car park and make sure there wasn't a surprise waiting - it was normal

when you live with it, in the thick of it every day you don't think about

when you are away from it, then it becomes a worry, that that one time you go somewhere you're one of the unlucky ones

so yes I see both sides of the argument

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                    ...Just don't want to become a statistic...
                    Then don't be mean.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      Then don't be mean.

eh ?

you lost me

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                      X